An other benefit related death

suziebear67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds more like he had more bedrooms in his house than he required. He would still be getting jobseekers and the applicable rent amount for his circumstances so shouldn't of been behind on hs rent.

Not everyone denied ESA will get jobseekers because they're too ill to work.

Not everyone denied ESA will get jobseekers because they're too ill to work.

I was under the impression those that failed an ATOS exam and appealed the decision could get jobseekers until the tribunal. If they failed that they could continue jobseekers in the same way as those out of work.

I was under the impression those that failed an ATOS exam and appealed the decision could get jobseekers until the tribunal. If they failed that they could continue jobseekers in the same way as those out of work.

In theory yes, that's correct. Or if their GP will supply sick notes, they can continue to claim ESA once the Mandatory Revision is complete. In practice, though, many people are too sick to meet the conditions of entitlement for JSA even after failing an Atos exam.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I can't read that one stu, beyond the headline as you need to sign up to the sun. Would you like to copy and paste the story here for non sun subscribers?

Amazing the ignorance of some people, assuming that everyone who does not fit the ESA descriptors is well enough to work. Nope, many aren't and then they are left in desperation with no source of income and arrears build up and build up. Hunger also increases anxiety and depression too.

What a piece of balanced and well investigated journalism there. :roll:

If you read the express report he was being evicted for rent arrears. Doesn't housing benefit come from a seperate department than the job centre?

You also have to look it from the working persons point of view too.

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/regional /10853447.___Bedroom_tax____has_cost_me_Christmas__says_disabled_mum/?ref=mr

If you read that report, this lady was living in a home paidd for by the taxpayers with 1 more bedroom than she required. She had £900 of savings that presumably came from her benefits that are paid by us.

If you tally up the benefits she is getting in that report it is just shy of £210 a week. There is no mention of what amount of housing benefit she recieves other than she is £4 a week worse off.

Quite how it cost £1k to move under 2 miles is a mystery to me.

She is complaining of not being able to give her son a £400 gift at Christmas.

Willing to bet if you asked the average man on the street in Stourbridge if he would be happy to live on £11k a year with his mortgage or rent paid you would get a resounding yes as a reply.

popey if you have disabilities and/or are ill you simply cannot pack/unpack, connect the cooker, put curtain rails up, move your belongings, hang curtains, get your phone line connected, lay carpet/lino on the floor and then because you can't do it you have to pay someone to do it. Many people cannot fund the moves to downsize and if unwell and are unable to manage to pack/move/unpack then the dilemma seems an unclimable mountain and yes all that would cost £1000 if you are unable to do anything yourself. The only point you make which I agree with is a playstation 4 is a ridiculous sized present. My children had one present from me and that was toiletries, I feel guillty and inadequate and would have liked them to have had more but that's the way life is right now and they understand that. Even if I wasn't too unwell to work at the moment and had money in the bank I would never imagine giving the children something as big as that as a present.

nystagmite, you only pay rent one week in advance for social housing and there should be no overlap between rents/properties so needing to find extra rent wouldn't be a problem to her, but the move could easily cost £1000 as there is no flooring in social housing properties or cookers etc and they need laying/connecting.

nystagmite, you only pay rent one week in advance for social housing and there should be no overlap between rents/properties so needing to find extra rent wouldn't be a problem to her, but the move could easily cost £1000 as there is no flooring in social housing properties or cookers etc and they need laying/connecting.

Yes, having just moved to a smaller property, as well as the actual cost of removal, there is cooker connection, flooring and fitting, curtains. And for us, as we moved from a private rented property with white goods included, we also had to buy a cooker and fridge freezer. Our sofa couldn't physically fit in the smaller living room, so we needed a new sofa. It was very expensive, and had we not had some financial help, there is no way we would have been able to move - and we couldn't have done just a basic move and flooring for £900 - the quotes we had for removal were astonishing - and we were just moving a small amount of stuff, but quotes were between £350 and £600.

And yes, the woman did herself no favours mentioning the playstation 4. And quite frankly, if you're on a low income and moving at Christmas, you should expect Christmas to be cancelled - we had some nice food, but no presents or sending cards etc. We don't feel sorry for ourselves, we feel really lucky - we have been able to rent a housing association flat in a nice area. The flat is in good condition. We were lucky to be helped financially to move. We are not hungry or on the streets. I feel very grateful.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop