WRAG info help

MooNboo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well I won my appeal in December, then the dreaded brown envelope landed on the door step this morning... not all bad just a letter from the DWP confirming the amount they owe me, and something else about a work related interview..

Can someone explain what these are all about, because its a first for me...seems that even though I won the appeal they still pushing to get me back to work sooner rather an later...

A work related interview is sent out automatically, if you have a condition where you have limited capacity for work it is just to check up that you are doing all you can to find alternative employment.

You can phone them up and cancel it - I did in my case as I actually was working even though I had a 'Fit Note' which said I was unfit.

It seems to be another way to 'weed out' the 'shirkers' and get them into 'back to work' schemes.

The wrag interview is not to get you back into work, but is to see if there is anything that you could be doing to aid your recovery or increase your employability for when you are well enough to return to work. Hopefully there should be no pressure, though this varies with advisors from what I have read on forums. However as many people point out, you tend to only hear about the bad or negatives stories of wrag appointments on forums, whereas the fact is that the majority will go well. Let us know how it goes.

:MoonBoo:

Congrats on landing your entitlement. And it looks like you've been awarded employment n support with the work related activity component which means you have to take reasonable steps to prepare for work.

Next invite you receive will be to a mandatory work focused interview at your local Jobcentre. Purpose of the interview is to discuss an action plan for eventual return to employment; education, training (in theory), voluntary work, but you can't be mandated to undertake work experience or apply for jobs. If you 'fail to participate' in work related activity without good cause, the personal allowance part of your benefit can be sanctioned until you re-engage.

I'd suggest that cancellation of a work focused interview is rather easier said than done. At the discretion of Jobcentre advisers, work focused interviews can be deferred for medical treatment, anticipated job outcomes, or if they're simply not appropriate at the time. Also at the discretion of the adviser, is the possibility of a work focused interview via phone.

Possible referral to the Work Programme depends on whether your award is contribution or income flavoured. And the date from which Jobcentreplus intend to calculate the twenty four months. Did the judge date the recommendation? And it's worth applying for the statement of reasons. Neither Jobcentreplus nor a work programme provider can ask you to undertake work related activity that's contraindicated by your ESA85 report or the reasons for your upheld appeal.

:panda: Best wishes, Margaret.