ebay buyer problems

shineygirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having some difficulty with ebay. I sold some items, they got mixed up / arrived late. Then I ordered replacements, meanwhile some people wanted refunds and a hold was placed on funds. It is taking a while to get straightened out. Some people are receiving two items and a refund.

my question is, a couple of cases have been closed by ebay and then I repay ebay but one buyer sent me a message supposedly from ebay saying my activity had been reported to the police. In which ebay referred to me as him, where I am a her. They have only 10 feedback and there feedback is set to private.

I guess my question is, is this likely to be true? I feel like not as I am trying to send a replacement with tracking or refund

I would think it Ebay themselves would have advised you of this were it true. It seems to me as though you are doing your best to resolve this issue but have one very frustrated customer who is trying to add more pressure on you.

I am not sure that you can do anything about items that have arrived late - this would be down to the carrier you used. When you say items got "mixed up".. is this items sent to the wrong buyers ?

I would hope those people who have received 2 items AND the refund are returning one item and the refund - or both items and keeping the refund. I think you would likely be responsible for the cost of any returns.

Please update your thread once you manage to resolve this muddle!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

I had a few issues over christmas with delivery / arrival. It is nearly all sorted out apart from I need to refund a couple of final people. However, every time I try on paypal I get an error. I have uploaded enough funds to paypal to cover the payments but paypal are looking for 10% of items sold to cover future refunds. I am not selling any more so dont need future refunds. I need to make sure that these people are not out of pocket. I cant refund or comment on items in paypal. I email paypal and they say call us but I have had PTSD and dont like to talk on the phone.

What is best to do? I told the people to put in a claim with paypal because the money is there for them, but I believe this will be worse in the long run.