• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

wonga adding interest to repayment plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I arranged a payment plan with wonga in October to start in November. To be honest they were great. They froze the interest, I.made the first payment of 99 and then had to ask them to reduce it by 50 which did no problem. So my balance of 597 reduce down to under450. However I had some urgent car repairs this month so I had to ask my creditors Inc wonga to.accept a smaller payment of 10 in January and then split the rest of the Jan payment over the remaining months. Mr lender and sunny did this through email, no problems. I emailed wonga expecting them amend like the did before (after an email and phone call). But I had to phone them, I explained all to the helpful customer services chap who said hed sort this and I'd get an.email to confirm

And my payments would increase by just under 4 after January. No email came to confirm so I logged I to my account, and now my balance is at 603 and the 10 in jan was sorted but the rest of the payments were 73! I called them and went through the fact that I'd made payments as I'd initially thought they just forgotten to consider the payments already made and worked out the repayment plan as.if I'd not made payments. However the lady on the phone. Whilst very helpful said she would escalate the issue to hardship bad I'd need to do an I and e form. Saud thus was because I was asking for more than 12 months to pay. I said I wasn't and explained all again. She said that the interest on my account was frozen until I sort out the I and e and an acceptable offer is agreed. I got a statement if account and it shows interest being added since October, immediately after I've made a payment and ny balance as 603, and it shows the payments i've made. It looks to me as if the interest was never frozen but the interest was frozen! Part of the my account sections shows a balance of 450 why ate they doing this?

Help!

I'll get the I and e done when I'm back at work and am going to cancel the cpa and just make the 10 payment by transfer. Ive entailed them and said I'm bot shining a

Tell them that if they do not stop interest as agreed, you will have no choice but to drop them to £1 a month for the life of the debt as their actions do nothing to help you.

And please, STAY OFF THE PHONE. They will lie and say ANYTHING to you in order to get you to agree to THEIR demands. Keep everything in writing and get complaints off to them. As youve already seen. They have lied to your fact by saying they will send an email to confirm the call. if you call them back questioning why they didnt, they will say no record of the convo exists.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Dont do their I&E. Get a FULL complaint in. Keep it short and sweet and TELL them what they are going to get. Do not let them tell you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I've fired off a complaint and copied in the CEO. Hes on holiday so it's went to his assistant. I've also applied to step change change as I'll not be able to go back to paying 49 in February, and I've another 3 loans. 2 are on payment plans.

Sounds like you are on top of things right now :)

• 3 weeks later...

They sorted it out and they were great actually! That's me entered the dmp with Stepchange and so.far all except Mr lender have kept the interest frozen. My balance with a ML has jumped considerably since I.told them about my dmp on.Monday, even though they has already had me on.a frozen interest plan which I've been sticking to. I've not been told what the charges are for, and how much interest they are adding. I've asked them for it though. I think these are going to be difficult people to deal with.

They can try and apply whatever they want. Doesnt mean youll be paying it.

Orginal loan amount in one go or loan plus interset over 3 months and if I.use their recommended debt management co, debt reversehey will "guarantee to beat any offer and lower fees" than any other company and after the 3rd payment they will wipe the whole debt! Can you believe it! They know I'm going through Stepchange and are still insisting they've not heard from them.

Unbelievable, drop them NOW from your DMP, inform stepchange to never pay them a penny again, just pay them £1 a month for the life of the debt.

Report them for bribery to the OFT & TS, puerile little fools sure fire way to have them stripped of the credit licence.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've sent the letter to SC. And i've raised a complaint on oft waiting on a call back and I'll discuss the letter with them. I want to avoid dealing with MMF so won't drop from dmp I'll see if ML respond to me. I've dealt with.MMF before and they left messages at my mum n dad's when I hadn't lived there for years I hate them!

I cannot impress upon you enough just how loud you need to be complaining.

MMF are more than likely going to get their grubby mitts on it anyway,

as for them previously calling your parents address, this should have been reported to Ofcom, Police, trading standards and the press/media.

I would also get onto trading standards regarding their attempted bribery, that really is lower than a snakes belly.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!