Missed 1st JSA Appointment on christmas eve: HELP

lmbarns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can help or offer insight on what i should do next regarding my situation:-

I finished working a 6 week tempory contract on 20/12/13.

I applied online for JSA on 21/12/13.

I assumed as it was so close to the Christmas holidays that i wouldn't receive notification to attend an interview until January, i also thought the 24th(christmas eve) was a bank holiday or atleast that the jsa would've been closed by then - i guess that was rather daft.

I received a text from JSA on 23/12/13 at 19:35 informing me that my appointment would be on the 24th at 12:40.

Now i did'nt read this text until the 25th(christmas day) once i charged my phone from the dead to send well wishes to the family.

What concerns me is that i wasn't given 24 hours notice to attend, i also received no letters informing me of my appointment & i know once i call on the 1st of January(when they open) that i'll be given grief, likely get asked to re-apply.

Should i re-apply online now or should i wait until 1/1/14 to try and fix it?

Thanks,

Lee

I'd suggest phoning them tomorrow (27th) as I believe some offices will be open - Cite the short notice given as being unreasonable in view of the "festive season". If you were in a rural area, chances are, the public transport network would be winding down mid-afternoon. In urban areas, traffic congestion and hoards of crazed shoppers causing widespread delays.

Personally, I've never considered email or text messaging a reliable method for communication of time critical information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You will need to call the office that you are due to attend on Monday, JCP are closed until opening on 30th.

Explain what happened.

Notification by text is how Capita notify claimants that their claim has been recieved online and that an appointment has been booked for the first available time slot, that could be the same day it is received or up to 3 working days later.

The festive season will not be considered as good cause under the failure to attend of the booked appointment.

We try and avoid giving our mobile phone numbers as we have no reception where we live and if we do, we make it very clear that only the landline number is to be used, but the muppets still use the mobile number! Many people still do not have a mobile phone as they find there is no necessity to have one.