How do I know if I took PPI on any products in the past?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

how long ago?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't have any paperwork related to any credit cards or loans I took out...I would say its easily been over 6 years but I don't know who the provider was. Could I make ask the banks if I took a product out with them?

The only real option you have is to contact each provider individually and ask if you ever took out PPI with them. Remember even that will only tell you whether you actually had a product.

If the cards / loans were taken out over 6 years ago but closed within the last 6 years then they will still show on your credit report. This will show you which lenders you had accounts with - what it wont do is tell you whether these accounts had PPI. If they were closed more than 6 years ago there is no benefit in getting your credit report for this.

If you paid these accounts by direct debit another option would be a subject access request to your bank which should provide you with a transaction history and a list of direct debits. Again this will only tell you which accounts you had, it wont tell you whether these accounts had PPI