Problems with other tenants

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently rehoused by my local council as part of the homelessness prevention route, I moved in last week.

However, since I have moved in I have had nothing but problems with the upstairs tenants, they make constant noise (not music) but banging around constantly and just making lots of noise all the time and this carries on until up to around 1am-3am or later sometimes.

The previous tenant complained about them but I was informed before I had moved in that it had been resolved, it's classed as a private let but the council is involved in the tenancy as well.

It's in a very unpleasant area, it's in a block of around 12 flats, some of them are unoccupied but the tenants upstairs seem friendly with quite a few other tenants which concerns me as I reported them to the Landlord.

The Landlord got back to me yesterday stating that he had reported it to the police and the anti-social behaviour team at the council but will they actually do anything? also, because they are friendly with some of the other tenants they will easily guess it's me complaining with me being downstairs and with me having only just moved in.

We have non-secure tenancies so they can be evicted easily and they have been reported before so really I think they have had a second chance and blown it and they should be evicted but I doubt that will happen.

They are also running up and down the stairs very regularly and have lots of visitors banging on their doors so I don't know if any illegal activites are occuring but I feel very uncomfortable in the area and in my own flat.

I have taken precautions, I have a panic alarm on my keys, I also have a panic alarm on the wall next to the flat door, there is also 4 big locks on my flat front door which were already there so I'm presuming there has been problems there before.

I am just very worried, luckily I am not back there until Boxing Day as I am spending Xmas with friends and family.

Any advice you can give me?

Thank you.

Sadly it takes a LONG time to get anything done with nuisance neighbours. The law doesnt allow councils to do things quick. They have to give them chance after chance after chance.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sadly it takes a LONG time to get anything done with nuisance neighbours. The law doesnt allow councils to do things quick. They have to give them chance after chance after chance.

Even though its a non secure tenancy? It states several things in the tenancy about causing problems to other tenants.

This tenancies also have no minimum term.

Theres still set procedure to be followed. The exception would be if there was criminal activity going on.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

has anyone any idea what time noise from a party etc has to stop, I thought it was 11pm?

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

we are totally fed up of our neighbours, they have put an extension ( if you can call it that, an eyesore and blocks our light ) on the back of their house, we are HA tenants and far as aware you need permission for such things, the neighbours are not English and speak to each other when talking about you in their language. Since the said building went up they have been having none stop parties etc in it and to top it all got a karakee ( sorry for spelling ) machine at Christmas, so dreading tonight.

I have also had to speak to them about them constantly slamming their front door, they have same door as us and no need to slam it, they are now doing it on purpose, they slam it so hard it vibrates our house and has caused ornaments in a cabinet to fall of shelves and break, they seem to think it is funny.

They will know it is us when/if report them as they seem to have it in for us for some reason and we have had enough, it makes the dogs bark so they will prob complain about that now as well

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

well took bull by horns and put a complaint in about them, they have been getting away with so much, we have handbooks with rules and one rule is no parking on the pavement, but they let anyone who visits them do so, there is a visitors car park at the back of these houses

oh just remembered, we had an email once form our HA saying people had complained about our dogs running riot and fouling on the estate! that was all wrong as our dogs are always taken out in the car and we told the HA that, there are quite a few dogs and cats here

from where? my dogs do not run riot, they get taken out in the car and not on the estate, good mind to bill next door for the damages to items we can not replace

Was still going on at gone 1.30am and has also restated again now, seems same record all the time :(

Was still going on at gone 1.30am and has also restated again now, seems same record all the time :(

Most Councils have a Noise nuisance team give them a ring they will stand inside your house for a bit and make a note of the noise levels.