style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

New to this forum, any pointers greatly appreciated.

I foolishly signed a Personal Guarantee for 2 lease cars. 6 months after they had taken the car back they have wrote to me at home, marked 'final demand', this was on 20th Dec. I kicked off with them and said I had not received any previous letters or reminders and I disputed the account.

On 24th Dec I then got an email from a debt collector saying they were now dealing with it (no response whatsoever from the company), 4 days after the 'final demand'.

The debt collector sent me file copies of invoices that were (incorrectly) addressed to my work, along with a copy of the Personal Guarantee. They also sent me a copy of another persons PG, which showed his address, signature and DOB. I didn't really need to see this.

I have looked at the PG document and it says that all documents will be sent to me by 'first class recorded delivery'. They definitely didn't because I would have seen them (and remember they even had my business address wrong).

The company (not the debt collector) threatened in their 'final demand' to put a Default against me, but there is nowhere in the PG that mentions a Default. It does however confirm that it is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act, therefore do they not actually need to mention a Default'?

Most of the 'debt' is for marks and scuffs on the cars. They were pretty mint when we sent them back. And after 6 months I am guessing it would be difficult to prove either way.

Are they acting within their regulations here? Or do you think I have some good arguments? Many thanks.

Timoti! Welcome aboard... I would normally comment on this one but its a hard one.

One of the other guys will come along and help out

Who is the DCA?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks fkofilee. The DCA is P&A Receivables. I'm more mad at the car lease company ALD Automotive, but I suppose P&A shouldn't be disclosing other consumer's personal details to me.