Problems with Mortgages PLC

rhinolady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am new to forums and have never posted before so please forgive me if I have done this wrong but I am in a similar position to this lady.

Back in 2008 Mortages PLC took me to court for mortgage arrears I agreed to pay my monthly payment plus £100 per month to cover the arrears, which I did and the arrears were consolidated, life settled down until March of this year when I was made redundant. I claimed jobseekers and was advised that as I was on an interest only I would get my mortgage payments covered - I was not aware until July that I had to complete a seperate form for this but have done so and given them as much information that I can remember as this mortgage is a remortgage which I got to pay an ex out, get lower payments and maken some improvements to the house, at the beginning of Dec I received a letter stating that as I had not been willing to give them the information they required they were not going to give me anything towards my mortgage.

On 25th November I started full time work through an agency but the office I am in has a strict dress code so I have had to buy some new office clothes I have also lost 4 stone in weight I have also had to get new spectacles so I can do the work, my plan was to get Christmas out of the way then contact then to start payments again in January (I don't have a lot to buy for nor do I go mad I just wanted to be able to cook a nice meal) However I have received a letter from Eversheds saying they have been instructed to go back to the court and apply for possesion and I will be notified by the court of the date and time for the eviction. I have tried ringing Mortgages PLC to make an arrangement went through the ivr question and was supposed to get transerred to an agent but got the unotainable tone so I tried the customer services no and got the unobtainable tone again I am in the process of trying to find an alternative number for them. but please can you help and give me some advice of what to do and how to do it. I am getting in touch with the job seekers people tomorrow to see what I can do and what in fact they need to be able to give me the help with the mortgage that I should be entitled to

Kind Regards

Hi,

I am certainly am no expert, but have Mortages Plc already got a suspended possession order from 2008?

Did you take your mortage out prior to 1995 (i think)?

Have Mortgages plc put you back on a repayment mortgage and what are the arrears on the mortgage.

How long is left on the mortgage.

These questions may help someone much more knowledgable than me.

Hi there, have you made an offer to the lender to pay off the arrears? if so, did you make it in writing?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn, As yet I have not contacted the mortgage company, I tried to ring them but couldn't get through, I have contacted the job seekers mortgage team and submitted the information they required they have left me a voice mail to say they have received the documentation and it could take aweeki or more to process it, I also went to my one stop shop who gave me a telephone number for Leeds City Council they have a department that can help so I rang them today and need to go into the office in Leeds taking arrears letter, id and proof of earnings so I am doing this tomorrow - both of these places have advised me not to contact the mortgae people until I go to the Leeds office as they may ring them on my behalf so I will see what they say tomorrow. When I have spoken to the Mortgage company previously they talk down to me and start having a go at me which then makes me not want to ring them.......Once the jobseekers mortgage bit is sorted hopefully it will reduce the arrears fingers crossed by over half.

I will keep you posted once I get back from Leeds at the moment I need all the help I can get as I would prefer not to go to court but think they will make me go anyway

Rhinolady

I have been to the one stop shop at LCC and spoke to the mortgage team they have taken my inhformation and will be contacting Mortgages PLC on my behalf I have also contacted them and made an offer of payment to start today, the gyuy I spoke to said he couldn't accept the offer he would have to refer it to Head office. At the council they have advised me to complete the N244 form and submit it to the court and that this will cost me £40. I have also contacted the counselllor that Mortgages PLC have sent he was going to ring me back at 5.30 this evening but didn't

Hi there, do you need help with the N244? read this guide here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession there are examples of how to fill in the form and also how to set out a statement to go with Q.10 of the form. Any questions just ask.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks I'm going to do the forms when I get in from work on Wednesday, just a quick point do I need to print them off and complete them and do I need to take them to the court in person or can I post them

Hi, Print the N244 and the budget sheet from post 2 of the guide thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession . You should take them to the court in person and they will give you a date for the hearing while you are there - you will need to pay a fee of £45 and it will need to be in cash. Make sure you take a copy of all of it before handing it in so you have a set to refer to in the hearing. Also, ask at the court if there are any duty legal advisers there on the day of your hearing, you can ask for their assistance on the day.

If you need help with the statement to go with Q10 of the form please ask.

Hi, you need to tick the box for Attached Witness statement. You then need to write a statement to attach as shown in the example on page 16 of the guide I gave you the link to.