Parking overstay **Won at POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parked up at 6,28 pm last night.

Notice at entrance stated

0 24hrs £2,50 and

0 16 hrs £3,00.

Arrived back at car at 9,17am and

to my surprise a ticket inspector was taking my reg no etc.

I checked my ticket and

the time stated on it was 9,am.

By my calculation I didn't exceed 16 hrs agreed when I entered the car park.

Is the advice still to ignore?

Cheers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

If the ticket you bought covered the parking period, then I think you should send a letter of dispute stating the facts.

Your post suggests that it is cheaper to park 24 hours, than it is for 16 hours ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You should wait for the notice to keeper through the post if this was on private land. This should be after 28 days of the windscreen ticket, but before 56 days. What company is the ticket from?

Who owns or manages the car park, in other words, who issued the ticket? very important as the advice you get will depend on that information.

Excel manages the car park on eyre street sheffield.

Edited by paulwlton
Spell

Winston Churchill

If the ticket you bought covered the parking period, then I think you should send a letter of dispute stating the facts.

Your post suggests that it is cheaper to park 24 hours, than it is for 16 hours ?

The sign states £3,00 up to 16 hours however, I've been on the site and this equates to 17,00 until 9,00am. The sign doesn't mention this

Winston Churchill

Hmm Excel is it a P&D machine where you need to input your reg No?

However wait for the NTK then appeal.

Yes P&D with reg no.

Winston Churchill

What reason for issue did they put on the ticket

I didn't get a ticket, the inspector took car details and took my picture when I got in the car.

I'll go and take a photo of entry sign later today.

Winston Churchill

Sorry it was 0 - 12 hours £2,50

Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

I've challenged the £100 PCN by email - no doubt I'll get the knock back. Would I be right in saying the next step thereafter would be an appeal to popla?

Cheers

Winston Churchill

I've challenged the £100 PCN by email - no doubt I'll get the knock back. Would I be right in saying the next step thereafter would be an appeal to popla?

Cheers

Yes, make sure they supply a POPLA code in their response and do a robust appeal.

Remember it's not about what happened on the day, you need to challenge their legal right to issue charges. Do not attempt a POPLA appeal without doing research, come back here to get it checked before you submit it.

With the right appeal you are 100% guaranteed to win.

Yes, make sure they supply a POPLA code in their response and do a robust appeal.

Remember it's not about what happened on the day, you need to challenge their legal right to issue charges. Do not attempt a POPLA appeal without doing research, come back here to get it checked before you submit it.

Thanks. Will do.

Winston Churchill

What reason for issue did they put on the ticket

I didn't get a ticket, the inspector took car details and took my picture when I got in the car.

I'll go and take a photo of entry sign later today.

You have just received a Notice To Keeper in the post? You didn't get a Notice To Driver though?(windscreen ticket).

There is so much wrong with all this....

• 1 month later...

They've refuted my contention that the charge is penal in nature and plead "reasonable charge for liquidated damages"

I've received the POPLA verification code so, I guess I appeal online now. Is it best to use a template or create your own arguments?

Cheers

PW

Winston Churchill

Read the threads here, there are more than a dozen successful appeals that go for demanding that the parking co show an actual schedule of loss or a genuine pre-estimate of loss, whcih they all fail to do as it isnt their land so have not suffered a loss by your actions.

You can add that you paid the prescribed fee but the RECEIPT FOR PAYMENT didnt make it clear what the paid for time was and the signage for the parking terms was confusing and thus the contract claimed is not formed as it cannot be an offer to be considered. This addresses any claim for loss of income for the overstay- you paid for 24 hours and you didnt get that.

Read the threads here, there are more than a dozen successful appeals that go for demanding that the parking co show an actual schedule of loss or a genuine pre-estimate of loss, whcih they all fail to do as it isnt their land so have not suffered a loss by your actions.

The letter states "we have calculated this sum as a genuine pre-estimate of our losses as we incur significant costs in managing the parking location. A full breakdown of loss will be provided at the request of a judge"

The fine is £100 but discounted to £60 if payments made before 20 march. My question is if the £100 is equal to their losses then by ONLY requesting £60 they are out of pocket!

Is it best to appeal to POPLA using the relevant law on penalty charges only?

Cheers

Winston Churchill