ESA stopped what can i do?

cjlisa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i need some advice please. I am on ESA which has been stopped without notification. DWP say they wrote to me but i did not receive this. It has been stopped as i missed a medical in Novber (which i didnt get a letter about so was unawae of). I have always attended any appts they send me so no reason why i would purposely miss this. Anyway, i called them and advised this over the phone. I had to wriye a letter confirming this and handit in to thejob centre, which i did. This is now with a decission maker since last Tuesay, i was told the decission would take 2 daya but i call every day and its still with a decission maker!! I have Type 1 Diabetes which means i have to eat regularly to maintain my health. I now have no food left or money and im so scared as its now 10 days since i was due a payment. Does anyonehave any advice or know how long this takes please? I call every morning and afternoon and just keep getting told its with a decission maker. Thank you for any help you can give me.

I would suggest going to your local Job Centre tomorrow to see whether they can help you. I would suggest that you do this in the morning, as if the decision maker agrees to reinstate payments, they should be able to get a payment to your account on Tuesday, if they can do this. Or you may have to get a crisis loan sorted out. Or voucher to your nearest foodbank.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your advice. I am not very mobile and live too far to walk. I will try my hardest to get there tomorrow. I plan to call every hour from 8am, do you know if there are any managers i could speak to as no-one can seem to give me any clear updates. I'm also now extremely low on gas and electric, it is so upsetting I just don't know how long a decission takes, does anyone know? Thank you very much.

Thread moved to the Benefits forum.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Your thread is now in the Benefits Forum. Welcome.

The only thing you can do is call, explain your situation and ask for a callback from a manager if possible. Since it seems this is the first time you have missed an Atos appointment, odds are good that the DM will find in your favour and reinstate your payments. However, this is a busy time for the processing offices, so you have the right plan - call early and often, and preferably from a land line to keep costs down as you might find yourself on hold for a period of time. Be clear and insistent about the issue, but try your best to remain polite as this will increase your chances of being treated sympathetically.

As mentioned, it is possible to issue a fast payment for Monday or Tuesday, but I don't want to get your hopes up by saying this is likely. There's no need to drag yourself to the Jobcentre itself if you have access to a phone, as all the staff there will do is direct you to use their phones to call the processing centre.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

While trying to resolve your benefit being reinstated with DWP, it's essential you also get onto your council welfare/social services dept to inform them as a vulnerable person ie Type 1 diabetic, you've been left in a position of having no money to buy food. They should be able to provide either vouchers for buying food from Tesco or equivalent or accessing your nearest Foodbank. Really sorry to hear you've been left in this postion due to the poor admin process of ATOS.

While trying to resolve your benefit being reinstated with DWP, it's essential you also get onto your council welfare/social services dept to inform them as a vulnerable person ie Type 1 diabetic, you've been left in a position of having no money to buy food. They should be able to provide either vouchers for buying food from Tesco or equivalent or accessing your nearest Foodbank. Really sorry to hear you've been left in this postion due to the poor admin process of ATOS.

This is sound advice. I know very little about diabetes, but if lack of food is a serious threat to your health (more so than for others, I mean) then the council may help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This is sound advice. I know very little about diabetes, but if lack of food is a serious threat to your health (more so than for others, I mean) then the council may help.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

if lack of food is a serious threat to your health (more so than for others, I mean) then the council may help.

It would be Antone for a type 1 diabetic as they need both daily insulin injections and regular food intake to avoid insulin and hypoglacemic comas. Without either one of the 2 , ie insulin or food, a type 1 diabetic is likely to land in A&E as an emergency admission within 2 to 3 days max.