Visa Cyber Card: what is it and is it worth it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here in Netherlands banking is not cheap. Forget having an account with free Visa Debit! Here I have to pay €25 a year just for the privilege of having an account, if I need a credit card that's another €20 a year plus commissions.

I am thinking of opening a second bank account in a neighboring country (Germany or Luxembourg) that offers me a so called VISA Cyber Card, like this:

http://www.ing.lu/web/ING/EN/Personal/Loan/Creditcards/PAYER_CYBERCARD_EN

Has anybody got any experience of this card? Am I better off paying €20 and get a real credit card? I've never had a credit card in my life, only debit cards?

Is it true that you don't pay interest if you repay within the end of the month?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Hopefully someone will respond who has knowledge of Netherlands Banking.

This forum is about foreign debt issues and not general advice on Banking..

Can I suggest that you try to find a consumer advice organisation in the Netherlands.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you had read the details from the web site you would have seen 'this is a virtual credit card and can only be used for purchase over the internet'

Reading further it seems not to be a credit card or a debit car but more like a "Stored value" card, in order to use it you must first have a balance on the card!

I an sure that the web site explains all this in English, French, and Dutch and German so there must be at lest one language that you should be able to understand.

PS banking in Luxembourg is not free either!

If you had read the details from the web site you would have seen 'this is a virtual credit card and can only be used for purchase over the internet'

and

I an sure that the web site explains all this in English, French, and Dutch and German so there must be at lest [sic] one language that you should be able to understand.

This is exactly the kind of patronizing and condescending attitude that made me want to leave the UK for good. Thanks for reminding me I've done the right thing.