Injured at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

Someone who was meant to be employed doing office work, was on site doing manual work to help out as asked by employer as they can do both.

Due to an accident, their hand was smashed and has had surgery and a finger has had to be removed and will be having more surgery etc.

They company have asked what amount they are looking for?

What is best practice in this situation please?

They are receiving full wages whilst off and been advised will deff be in office on return

thanks

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

my company has a schedule of payments for different kinds of injuries at work spelled out in the handbook. worth checking?

however I'd get a no win no fee solicitor involved.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Are they in a union? If so, go through them and use the union solicitors. They normally get more than a no win, no fee one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My wife suffered an injury to her ring finger due to safety measures not being observed by the company. As a result they had to remove the last joint in the finger. She was paid out approximately £8500. She used her Union lawyers to progressed the claim but had to wait for about 2 years for it to be finalised. If they offer something close to this, take it as it saves a lot of agro.

• Haha 1

it was pinky finger - quite a young lad who finding it hard he has been left with a stump.

But there seems to be problems with the hand itself and will be facing more ops

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Unions are self-seving entities, they aren't interested in individuals.

Are they in a union? If so, go through them and use the union solicitors. They normally get more than a no win, no fee one.

Unions are self-seving entities, they aren't interested in individuals.

They will still help the union member when asked to. Especially for a personal injury case.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

it was pinky finger - quite a young lad who finding it hard he has been left with a stump.

But there seems to be problems with the hand itself and will be facing more ops

This could be a very serious injury with long term repercussions. I would strongly suggest a personal injury solicitor is the best person to advise. If more surgery is likely to be needed in future then it would probably be wise to wait for a while before agreeing a settlement anyway.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.