Constructive Dismissal letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would appreciate any advice on behalf of my 19 year old son, briefly:

He is an apprentice, has been trained in any skills, used as a labourer.

Has had his days cut down from 5 to 4

Was told he had a disciplinary meeting 2 months ago it was cancelled at 15 mins notice, told him it would be rearranged but it was n't , he has had this hanging over him since then.

Was using company van told to hand keys and sat nav back, and had to travel about 8 miles to a job ( he is an apprentice joiner)

He says its making him ill and cannot face going back,

Has anyone got a suitable letter template for this? Thanks

for resigning because he is ill? or something else?

if he is an apprentice he should have an agreement between him, the employer and the college - do you have a copy?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Yes he has a contract of employment, basically he dreads waking up each day having to go there, shame as he was student of the year at college and really wanted to learn a trade but feels he can't face it any more, he has not had any training whatsoever

Hold up. Why exactly is he feeling like this? What was the disciplinary about? Chances are they forgot about the disciplinary and just let it slide by. It happens in tens of thousands of jobs. Especially if its not really worth chasing up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Loads of things , for a start he feels he has nt had any training at all, then the boss sent a text about the disciplinary and accidently sent it every employee, so they all knew his business, he asked what it was all about, list of silly things including 'lack of enthusiasm ' not following instructions, this followed the boss asking him to transport some wood 30 meters long on a little van, he thought that was unsafe and that he would get pulled by the police so he asked a driver with a transit to do it, think they are just looking for an excuse to get rid, it escalated when he made formal request for National Minimum Wage, although they paid up, but he had to follow it up and ask for it to be backdated,

If he is getting NMW at £5/6+ then I don't think he is on a formal apprenticeship - is he or isn't he getting day release for college?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

He is an apprentice, I rang Inland Revenue, as he is 19 and has completed the first year of his apprenticeship he is entitled to NMW. He has been going to college ( skills solutions ) and has passed everything but needs to have one the job training.

I think you need to discuss it with the college. I also think constructive dismissal cases are very seldom won. The focus should be fixing things, not suing.