Non Secure Tenancy problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me.

I split up with my partner a while back and I was living with her however, her tenancy ended up 20th so I had a homeless assessment done by the council almost two weeks ago and they allocated me a studio flat that is through a private landlord and is £148 per week, the council have said because this is not a normal private rent and because I'm on ESA the rent will be paid in full.

I moved in yesterday and the place is freezing and thats an understatement even with two electric heaters on, i have health issues that mean i cant be cold, also the guy upstairs was banging around and making a lot of noise up until 3am, apparently the previous tenant complained about him.

If I ever want to move out suddenly can I do so?

A family member might be offering me somewhere to stay for a while as they were shocked by the place earlier today.

Thanks.

So Council have a separate leasing Contract with private LL, with permission to sublet for temp accom, so de facto Council is your contractual? LL.

In this case I would expect Council to be happy to release you with some Notice, if you have secured alt private axxom.

You should negotiate with Council over length of Notice required to vacate T (prob

Edited by mariner51