BT Default has appeared from nowhere!

ctid1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the past year I have been trying to get my Credit back on track.

I have applied for my statutory credit reports and all of a sudden I have two entries from BT!?

This is what I have -

Communications Supplier from Bt Consumer (I) / XXXXXX7122

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Defaulted

Current Balance £ 75 Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 75

Start Date 13/11/2009 Date Updated 22/09/2010

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied

Default Date 28/07/2010

Secondly - this is for my most recent encounter with them which I cancelled and switched over to sky on. I have set up a standing order to pay £10 a month and this has been reduced to £154 now, although I phoned them today and they said within the next month it will be defaulted and transferred to a DCA and unless I pay in full they will start to reject my monthly payments.

Communications Supplier from Bt Consumer (I) / XXXXXX5643

Terms 0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Status Query Outstanding

Current Balance £ 174 Start Balance £ 0

Credit Limit £ 0 Default / Delinquent Balance £ 0

Start Date 10/11/2011 Date Updated 12/12/2013

Date Last Delinquent Date Satisfied

These are on my equifax report, but not on my Experian reports? And they also wern't there about 9 months ago.

Are BT legally just allowed to default my without notifying me? Can they also default me if I am currently paying them a set amount?

Any help would be appreciated chaps.

Thanks

Tony.

Hello Tony I think BT may only report to CRAs when there is problem with an account.

The BT contract is a 'service' contract not a credit account so a DN as such is not applicable.

You should receive a demand for payment of the outstanding balance before the account is defaulted.

As paying on an arrangement to pay is technically a breach then yes BT can default the account at any point.

It's very unfair but then BT has never been known for being fair.

So on 2nd account you owe just £20 now correct?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brig,

No the first one has had two payments of £10 off it, so down to £154 or thereabouts.

Do you think I can strike a deal with them to pay in full a reduced amount to clear it as they extended my contact when I took out BT sport (yes I should have read the small print!)

And is there anyway of fighting the first one to get it removed - without notice of a default about to be placed I find that quite unfair!

Hi ctid,

Statutory report = containing all basic data on your credit history and residential status, any CCJs, Gain and CIFAS data.

As said with service contracts there is no obligation to send a default notice, a demand for payment is sent if the debt is not paid a default is placed.

If you believe that BT have mismanaged this account a formal complaint should be made, (the resolution to your complaint being removal of all adverse data from credit reference files.

Will look at HSBC later.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Managed to get through to someone nice (english!) they let me pay two owing amount in two instalments. The lady apologised profusedly and the calls have now stopped.

They also said it is worth using equifax to dispute the first amount as the first account doesn't add up.

Can I dispute the original amount? I am paying the second amount so that can be forgotten about.

The lady I spoke to mentioned it seems to be held in the system - never assigned to debt collector, nor anything else - just stuck there.

How the default was registered she doesn't know.

Can I dispute the original amount? I am paying the second amount so that can be forgotten about.

The lady I spoke to mentioned it seems to be held in the system - never assigned to debt collector, nor anything else - just stuck there.

How the default was registered she doesn't know.

Anyone? :)

• 2 weeks later...