barclaybank debt

yaya1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I used to have a credit card with barclaycard and unfortunely it went to arrers,

Thames credit agency took over it and

i set up a payment plan that i could repay the debt back.

the payments went through and

i noticed they never got back to me regarding the outstanding balance been cleared.

i called them and they said to me is balance has been paid in full. so i left it.

years later i was trying to get a mobile phone on contract and got rejected

thought its because i moved house. not until i wanted to get a contract now for the mobile phone and i got rejected again

and i seen that they rejected me once more.

i got an account with credit expert and it shows that barclaycard is out standing by £4 and they have defulted me.

i have tried contacted barclaycard

they said they dont deal with it as the account was closed with them and went to thames credit agency

and now i cant get hold of thames credit agency as i read online they dont operate now.

I am really stuck i dont know what to do

any suggestions

Yas

Hi and welcome to CAG

I am a little confused. There should not be a default for £4. Can you go back and look at what the default actually says.

The date of the default, the amount of the default.

Even more strange is that the default is in Barclays name as they would have sold the debt to Thames so Thames name name should appear.

If it is the case that BC have defaulted you for £4, a full complaint is needed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Barclaycard placed the default for £4.00 which by any standards is trivial and imo grossly unfair.

Unfortunately BCs customer (dis) service department which deals with this kind of problem is unfit for purpose, the staff have no idea of the CRA /defaults system operates. I asked to be put through to 'a data controller' or someone who worked in that department but was told they 'don't have none of those!

A complaint to the CEOs office is the best route for you now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Yaya,

Can you tell us approx dates for events so we have a better picture of events.

Also, if you think there may be a number of penalty charges that you were charged on the a/c, reclaiming these would be a good way to :-

1. Reclaim penalty charges with interest.

2. By doing that, you can show that the adverse credit data was inaccurate and suggest that BC remove all credit data regarding the a/c.

This could follow if a formal complaint to BC HQ fails to get any results.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hey slick123. i had taken the barclaycard out in 2002 and the defult was added on at 02/2010..its says on my credit expert that it is barclaycard and the debt was outstanding of £4

Ah that is different. It is the default balance that makes the default legit (£290)

The £4 is what is owing.(possibly an error) Even after you have paid it off, it will show as settled but the default itself will remain until 2016

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Yaya,

I asked above if there were penalty chgs on the a/c.

Let us know about this as it may be your best chance of having the adverse credit markers removed.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Sorry, that makes no sense :???:

Do you mean there were not many charges on the account, or ......

There were many charges added.

Ahaa, Plenty and Penalty !!

If they were no penalty charges, then that is not a way to have the adverse data removed.

So you will have to challenge the default marker an the basis of fairness and accuracy. I think the best way to look at accuracy is to send Thames a SAR, to see what you owed and what you paid each time. The SAR should also produce copies of letters, ledgers, etc.

See here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387315-Debt-or-DCA-Subject-Access-Request

Edited by slick132
added link