Interview with compliance officer

LPB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a single mother with a young child and recently moved out of my parents place as my dad did not want me living there any longer.

I am renting accommodation and claiming HB/tax credits/income support. I was called for an interview at the jobcentre as they are suspicious as to how I am getting money. I have a shortfall in rent which my mum helps me to pay. She also paid the deposit for my place. The interviewer said I live a "seemingly comfortable life, not that of a single mum on benefits". I have only lived in my own place for a month so I didn't have huge expenses when living with my parents. Now I have my own place I do struggle and don't have much money - currently £2 in my bank account!

They said they suspect I am lying about savings or a partner giving me money or working without telling them. I told them my mum helps me out as I could not find nowhere who accepted HB, I am actively trying to find a cheaper place to rent and am on my local councils books to try and find me something to no avail. I am hopefully going back to uni next September so I don't plan on living off of benefits for the long term! I'm also looking for part time work.

Is my mum not allowed to help me? She gives me money to help because of my child, so he can have a roof over his head as unfortunately I cannot afford the rent shortfall myself with bills as so on.

What will happen? I have been truthful and the interviewer said everything is check able...I told him to go ahead and check as I have nothing to hide. If I am breaking rules by accepting my mums help I honestly didn't know. Could somebody please enlighten me.

Thank you