style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

T Mobile's website states: 'We'll add £2 credit to your balance the first three times you use your card to top up £10 or more.'

However, before you rush to top up your mobile, they are no longer honouring the offer (even though it isn't time-stamped on their website). They told me that:

'This is an old, out of date page, where the promotion, along with the other promotions on this page, are no longer available on T-Mobile.

We’ve feed this back to try and have this updated, however, it may be Google who have cached the page as when doing the same search using Yahoo or Bing this page is not offered as a result.'

I don't think that's good enough. T Mobile could have put an expiry date on the offer and they could have put a 'this offer has expired' message on the page. If a business has a promotion on the internet that's potentially winning them business, they should honour that promotion.

I know we are talking about trivial amounts, but I'm concerned about the principle, not the money. Is T Mobile's position lawful, and can I do anything to force them to honour this promotion?

Thanks

Jeff

LOL "it may be Google who have cached the page..." no, it's still a valid webpage on their server, not in Google's cache.

I would contact T-Mobile UK using the following details:-

Ms Francoise Clemes Chief Customer Officer

Email [email protected]

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

They are now telling me:

'we haven't made this offer.

It's not accessible from the website but from an archived search. This has not been fully removed which is what we're looking into.

This is a technical error and not an error with a promotion. We will be in touch with the correct people and look to have this fixed if possible'.

Sorry, but in my book if T Mobile publishes an offer, then it is a T Mobile offer, regardless of whether someone has screwed up...

Jeff

Care to link it?

I'll soon tell you if its a cached page

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Never mind, got it. It's not cached at all. It's direct from their site. I just went through my employers VPN through a level3 based backbone connection, went direct to their page through our in house browser and it's there. Didnt go anywhere near google, or any search engines. Didnt even use Gogoles public DNS.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

PS it shows in Bing and Yahoo and Google if you search for "mobile top up how to top up your mobile phone online - T-Mobile"

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar