Jump to content


Best way to sue the LL


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

have decided that I am sueing my LL and the choice I have are

 

MCOL for £795 (deposit) which he put in a scheme 10 months after i gave it to him (gave in jan 13, he paid it in dec 13)

 

MCOL for £795 (deposit) + damage to my property from the damp in the house, plus stress and harressment as he refuses to fix any thing in the house

 

N1 claim form for everything I am not happy with and let judge decided

 

which do you think would be best way

 

am not bothered about him evicting me

 

cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have outlined 3 options, but which one do you favour?

 

 

Not even sure if MCOL can be used for deposit dispute and I doubt you can claim for stress & harassment unless you have suffered a related financial loss. Best route may be a paper-based SCC claim for return of full deposit and hope you get a sympathetic Judge to consider the separate matter of damage to your contents due to alleged damp.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi beans

 

You state the LL put the deposit in the deposit scheme some 10months after you paid LL the deposit.

 

Have you claimed the deposit back from the deposit scheme holding it?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

no, they wont let me with out a court order to do it, as it is still with in the first 30 days of it being put in, plus my LL wont agree to it or give me a good ref to move house, as I had to get EH to force him to fix a leaking chimney which has ruined one half of a house wall, as the chimney is leaking, which has caused damp in 2 bedroom walls and a bathroom down stairs, plus other things in the house, he has neglected over the years

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...