eviction by ge money jan 2014

sarsuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can someone tell me its gonna be alright,

we are £6200 in arrears with our mortgage plus an additional £3000 for interest & costs incurred with a suspended repo order by ge money,

we were both self employed for 4 years & got into serious debt & folded the business,

however we are now both in full time paid employment since nov 13 & are now in a good position to clear our debts & manage our mortgage better,

we have offered ge £4000 to stop the eviction with ongoing proposals of extra £1000 end of feb ,

extra £1000 by end of april

& extra £100 jan, feb, to clear arrears,

but they have refused demanding full clearance inc interst ,total £9200 before eviction date to stop action.

will the judge side with me because we previously broke terms of our suspended order

They always prey on people's ignorance and ask for the whole of the arrears in order to stop an eviction.

You are in a good position...you can say how you got into arrears,

you can say that you are now both employed,

and you have offered to pay the arrears in very short order.

There's no way you'll get evicted.

If you read the threads here you will find people who have breached suspended orders several times

so I wouldn't worry in that regard either.

And please don't use words like "gonna"! Just a pet hate of mine!

hi everyone,

i need some advice on what to reveal to judge when i fill out n244 to take to court tomorrow,

whilst i am fighting ge money to avoid eviction & offer a good lump sum

i also am awaiting an eviction date from acenden anytime now for arrears of £4000 on secured loan,

£2100 of that are interst etc,

i did speak to acenden & they informally agreed to accept £1500 lump sum & spread the remainder over term

but i asked to confirm in writng before i paid the £1500 which they have not done

& said until i paid it they couldnt agree the payment plan,

i did not pay the £1500

however did increase my monthly payment to what they said it would be if i had paid £1500,

i did this last month & will also do this month.

i can pay £1500 to them as i am trying to balance everything out in order to keep my home by paying ge & acenden the minimum lump sums to avoid eviction,

also i am being made bankrupt & theres not much equity so should be much better off when all small debts diappear.

how much do i tell the judge?

not too sure how it works but if your made bankrupt, would they not take your assets anyway?

I would have thought the equity would help pay your creditors.

I may be totally wrong of course, I would expect you to lose your house anyway.

If my advice helped you please click my star

Hi - have a look at our guide here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

it will show you how to write a statement to go with Q,10 of the N244.

You can also download the N244 and the budget sheet (in the second post of that thread)

which you will need to send in with the form.

When you take it all to court the fee is £45 (take the eviction notice with you).

Remember to take a copy of everything you hand in so you have a set to refer to in the hearing.

Also, ask at the court if there will be any duty legal advisers there on the day of your hearing.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

so nice to see your name appear,

i see from past cases you have been an excellent rock,

thanks for the link do you think i am dealing with this right by taking each step as it arises,

i am doing this because its buying me time to raise more money in order to try & save my home,

i think even under bankruptcy theres not a great deal of equity ( i hope)!

and we may raise enough to buy back the interest through family.

• 2 weeks later...

eviction suspended!

thankyou everyone for your help,

appeared before the judge 30/12/13 but was approached by ge representative

before hand to be told by them they would be opposing my offer to pay off arrears quickly,

the judge looked at my payment proposals & income & expenditure &

told ge i had made an exceptional offer & she then suspended the eviction with the added surprise to pay off the arrears at the rate of extra £200 per month

& that it was entirely upto me if i wanted to pay the lump sums i had promised or pay what she had ordered,

left the court to be stopped by ge representative who asked to confirm my phone number ,

which i duly gave her but also told her i was to be contacted in writing only.

to anyone else in my situation this is a fantastic site to get advice on & i hope you get the sane results.

That's brilliant news - well done! :) Nice to see you had the judge on your side.

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hey great result

GE are MONSTERS!!

now go set your arrears charges back afrom both of them

and any other debts that have PENALTIES attached to them for being late/arrears/ etc etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Awesome.

eviction suspended!

Thankyou everyone for your help,

appeared before the judge 30/12/13 but was approached by ge representative

before hand to be told by them they would be opposing my offer to pay off arrears quickly,

the judge looked at my payment proposals & income & expenditure &

told ge i had made an exceptional offer & she then suspended the eviction with the added surprise to pay off the arrears at the rate of extra £200 per month

& that it was entirely upto me if i wanted to pay the lump sums i had promised or pay what she had ordered,

left the court to be stopped by ge representative who asked to confirm my phone number ,

which i duly gave her but also told her i was to be contacted in writing only.

To anyone else in my situation this is a fantastic site to get advice on & i hope you get the sane results.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

hey great result

GE are MONSTERS!!

now go set your arrears charges back afrom both of them

and any other debts that have PENALTIES attached to them for being late/arrears/ etc etc

dx

Hey thanks am I entitled to reclaim all charges & how do I go about it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wanted to wait to see the outcome before I posted.

Please don't say things like 'there's no way you'll get evicted'.

you cannot know that for sure and it can cause people to be overly confident at a time when they need to be making a back up plan.

People can and are evicted quickly and efficiently for even small arrears.

I'm not trying to frighten anyone, but you always need to be realistic. It can and DOES happen, I know from experience.

Please don't say things like 'there's no way you'll get evicted'.

Fair comment. Better wording would be "It's unlikely you'll get evicted". In this instance the poster could remedy the arrears quite promptly though so I thought a few confident words wouldn't go amiss.

Fair comment. Better wording would be "It's unlikely you'll get evicted". In this instance the poster could remedy the arrears quite promptly though so I thought a few confident words wouldn't go amiss.

I understand you and totally agree with you in principle. I think people just need to be aware that sometimes it doesn't work out and that even then, you can go forward too :) xx

You're a nice man!