Ebay item not received, no refund, help

phil12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first post here :)

I bought a car part on eBay on the 1st of this month (Monday) using a Visa Electron card via PayPal, costing just shy of £100. It was meant to be delivered next day (Tuesday) through Parcelforce. Parcelforce never delivered and every day gave the excuse there were backlogs.

I work full-time so I asked that it be left at a Post Office for me to collect, to which they agreed twice. On Friday, I was still waiting so called them up and asked them to return to sender as I was going to get the part from somewhere else, to which they agreed, and asked them not to deliver as I would be away that weekend.

Lo and behold, I checked the online tracking on Saturday which showed that it had been delivered that morning and that I had signed for it, although the signature was definitely not my name and I hadn't even been home.

I came home on Sunday, no cards left, I phoned PF on Monday to be told that it had been left next door. The problem is ever since the delivery, next door has been deserted and no one answers the door, leaving me to wonder where this parcel is and if anyone even lives there. At no point did I agree that the parcel could be left with anyone else.

I got in touch with the company via eBay who say they are chasing it up as a lost item with PF but I will have to wait for them to get their money back before they will refund me. It is three weeks later since I placed the order and I am still waiting.

Now I have raised it through the Resolution Centre but I don't want to get eBay involved as I believe that they will see it as 'delivered' and side with the seller leaving me out of pocket.

Am I obliged to wait for the seller to get their money through PF first before they refund me? I am £90 down and I could do with the money so would appreciate any suggestions on how to deal with this! The signature is definitely not mine and I have a voicemail on my phone from PF confirming it was left at another house.

Sorry for such a long first post and thank you for reading :)

Chargeback through your bank?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The parcel being signed for complicates the issue. As far as ebay are concerned it has been delivered and signed for.

A chargeback won’t help, all the seller needs is proof of postage to successfully defend a chargeback and seeing as they have tracking with proof of delivery you have little to no chance.

Your best off working with the seller and trying to work things out, it’s the best chance you have of obtaining a refund.