Santander Cards big error

VanillaBranflake
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am having problems with Santander Cards. I received a letter a couple of months ago from Santander saying they had previously tried to speak to me about a debt of 6k that needed paid immediately.

I've had no contact from them- and also have no debt with them. I phoned Santander who explained there had been an error, and I had received a letter regarding another customers debt. They confirmed over the phone I owed nothing- the card it relates to has been closed for a couple of years!

I requested confirmation of this in a letter. They have sent me one, but it doesn't actually say the debt isn't mine- just apologises for a mistake and confirms the card is closed.

Wescot then sent me a letter over the 6k. I have not contacted them.

Drysdenfairfax Solicitors sent me a letter asking repayment of 10k- and different reference numbers. This appears to be a second 'debt'?

I have phoned Santander who are confused saying there is no record of any debt on their system.

Wescot have phoned a few times and today sent me a letter asking for 6k. Santander can't tell me anything about either the 6k or 10k- or even if they are the same debt.

So what can I do? Santander aren't particularly helpful, but Wescot keep phoning and I am still getting letters. I do NOT owe Santander any money and this debt is NOT mine. It's an error of Santanders, but other than tell me it has been corrected in their system, they're not dping anything.

I am in Northern Ireland.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Please check your credit file to make sure you are not a victim of fraud.

I suggest a simple letter to Moorcroft telling them that this is not your debt-never was- and if they continue to ring, you will file complaints with all and sundry.

In the library is a telephone harassment letter template you could use.

If Moorcroft continue then a Formal complaint is needed after which you can go to the financial ombudsman.

Creditors have a duty to ensure the debtor they are chasing is the right one so if they continue to chase after you have told them to 'go away' report them to the OFT.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 5 months later...

Update. I have now been contactedby Arden, Idem, Drydensfairfax, and Wescot. The latest came this morning from Arden, trlling me they were passing it to Resolvecall.

I did finally get a complete letter from Santander, apologising and stating finally we never held a debt with them, those avcounts were closed long ago, and it was a mistake on their record keeping.

That letter has been copied and sent to Arden and Drydensfairfax, a few days ago, so may have crossed with Ardens in the post.

If Resolvecall do visit.... can they? I am in NI, I dont think we have bailiffs here. If they visit what can they actually do?

I am still furious at Santander. A blanket apology for something dragged out over a year is pathetic, especially when it is their own fault.

DCAs are not baliffs and have no more power than Aunty Betty in her rocking chair at the end of the road.

Only a court can order a Baliff and there is no way that is going to happen :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.