Smart Parking Ltd - Now with Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A few months ago my other half received a parking charge from Smart Parking Ltd. I appealed it online as she was not in the country at the time of the offence (she was on holiday and I was using the car). I scanned a copy of her passport as this showed her stamps leaving the country.

I never heard anything from the appeal but today received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd who now want me to pay £160.

What is the best way to proceed? She is worried it will end up on her credit files so I would rather deal with it than ignore unless that is the best option?

Thanks

Hi

Two choices.

1 Write and tell them to go forth as there is no debt. How can an unenforceable penalty charge suddenly become a debt??

2 Ignore. they will go away-eventually

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to do whatever will make them disappear the quickest! Will writing to them just make them more eager to chase?

I know the old advice was just to always ignore but I thought new rules had come into place recently?

The recent Freedom of information act allowed the parking companies to chase the registered keeper even if they were not the driver if the keeper failed to identify the driver. This of course means nothing as the charge itself is a penalty, not an actual loss.

Telling DRP to 'do one' tends to work and a statement that as they are trying to claim a debt that does not exist could put their fitness to hold a credit licence in doubt should you report their actions to the OFT.

DRP are the pet DCA of a few parking companies and they are easily seen off.

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE