Sky - email from BPO ADVICE Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received the below tonight by email. I had sky with my ex-wife but we cancelled it when we split with no issues. This was over 2 years ago.

"

Our Client: SKY

BPO Reference No: *****

Sky Account No: *****

Principle Sum: £23.00

19/12/2013

Formal Notice

Dear MR *******,

We refer to the above and are writing to advise that our client has instructed us to recover the outstanding amount of £23.00 owed to them.

We are aware that you may not have heard from SKY or one of its collection agents in some time however to date they are not aware of any valid reason why you have still failed to repay this sum.

We require repayment of this sum no later than 26/12/2013.

Payment may be made by

Calling our 24hr Automated Payment Line on 0141 375 0999

Credit/Debit Card online at paymentsplace.com/bpocollections

Online Banking / Bank Transfer, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sort Code 83-21-08,

Account Number 00752966 quoting your BPO reference number

Failure to pay or remit this amount will leave us no alternative than to recommend to our client that further action or a field visit to your home may be the only remaining options we have to recover the outstanding balance due.

If for any reason you wish to speak to one of our trained advisors please contact our office on:

0141 375 0900

For and on behalf of

BPO Collections

Recoveries Department

(Calls may be recorded for quality and training)

Registered in Scotland SC 295285

CSA Membership No. 511

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they

are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

If you have received this e-mail by mistake please immediately notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.

Any views or opinions presented in this communication are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Company.

Security Warning: This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not 100% secure.

Viruses: Although this Company acts diligently to ensure that all e-mails and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping

with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by any virus emanating from or purporting to emanate from e-mails transmitted by this Company.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Email:SKY1"

I'm certain I don't owe them anything. How vigourously are they likely to pursue me for £23. I have no intention of calling them. Should I email? If so what do I say?

phishing trip

ignore them.

even if you do owe the money

you pay them - sky wont see a penny.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree here.. Let them continue to phish...

To be honest for £23, its not really that much of a biggy

I love the fact that BPO are claiming the only option is a home visit !! :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Probably cost them more to send you that letter.. !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have recevied 2 of these emails in the past 3 days saying formal notice and payment is due no later than the 11th Feb or legal action will be taken, these emails were sent to my email in my husbands name (his name has never been on a Sky account). We contacted Sky who said the sky acc no was valid but not registered with our address and they would have to pass onto their Fraud Dept.I have never received anything before or by letter just these now two threatening emails, I would love to know how they have my email address but my husbands name........

Ignore them and check your credit files.

Are you saying you've never been with Sky?

Unless you get written correspondence then you don't need to worry one bit.

Stay OFF the phone.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!