currys/dixons

soopersoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Question. what would your answer be to :" Why did you continue to go to the shop multiple times after being told no, when you could have rang/written to the head office complaints team and negated the amount you spent fruitlessly going back to the shop".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Uve got it all wrong.

I phoned the shop multiple times, my friend who lives near Cheltenham went in multiple times,, this was just trying to get my £450 back. Nothing to do with compensation.

They took my money from card on 3 Sept, I was told via phone call on 4 Sept that I was going into hospital on 16 Sept to have a mastectomy and Lymph gland removal, I had not taken the goods from the store as they were not ready, so on 4 Sept i cancelled the order, by calling into the store at which time they should have refunded the money straight back to the card. I felt that with this shock I could not cope with a new computer and how to work it at this time (I happen to be 70 - even though I still work).

My phone calls, (I live in North Wales) and my friends visits to the store were at least weekly, for TWO months before eventually they paid back onto my card. So that is why I feel they should compensate me. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE GREEDY, just get my out of pocket expenses.

As I say the shop is in Cheltenham I live in North Wales. My friend lives down there.

Thats my point. There ws no reason to go to the store at least once a week for two months. You could have taken it right to the top and not incurred any expense. If you take it to court, the judge could simply say, why didnt you take all reasonable steps to mitigate your 'losses'.

I wish you luck in your case, but its very doubtful you will get anywhere near what you are claiming.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

my point was that I was promised each time by the store they would pay, so I stupidly believed them each month. I did c a senior manager who also said he would make sure it was done. FALSE PROMISE yet again, that is why we tried to do it amicably.

Now of course having written (as I should) a letter of request of formal refusal -( correct procedure) I will write to the CEO as someone kindly gave me his name and email. I asked the shop in Cheltenham several times for the Company Director at head office and they ignored this request.

I have definitely taken all reasonable steps to resolve this matter in a polite and reasonable way, and I can tell the judge this. I am sure that he will see that from all the paper work I have.

I am just now feeling very angry at being treated in such an offhand rude manner from the Customer Service Department, This is a big company and should learn how to treat customers correctly. I work in retail and my company being one of the biggest would ;NEVER EVER treat a customer in this fashion, why should Currys/dixons PC World be permitted to do so?.

Not only this case, there are hundreds of people out there who have had disgusting service from this company one way and another, (one of their store reps let this drop once when I was talking to him)!!!

Did you ever contact the CEO and tell him what yyouve told us?

I will do so after Christmas I am not too well this week with the chemo, and then I have a couple of days with friends, and i am sure that he wont be there till after the New Year.

I will not let it drop don't worry, as you say why should they be aloud to run around and treat us customers in this way disgusting.

No customer service in PC World etc. Glad I don't work for them they must be a crap employer.

Yes, thank you,I have written it down and will definitely write to him after Christmas, (not feeling too good this week), I am sure he won't be there till the New Year, thank you very much for the name and email address.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks I will and thanks for your good wishes I will let you know what happens!!!

Why didnt the store refund you the very first time you (not your friend) visited the store?

Understandably they wouldnt be able to issue the refund without you being present.

You could simply have requested to go to your nearest store for a refund without having to travel any great distance.

The stores would have been able to resolve stock issues amongst themselves.

They said they had to raise the paperwork, and would do so in a couple of days,

I think I was rather trusting and gullible!

I left my card details which they already had.

When I rang the store (one of the times) the person who answered even told me that the receipt that I had was not even a valid receipt!!

So I rang a manager.

I did not know I could have gone to another store,

this was never told to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thanks all those people who helped me, I wrote to the CEO of Dixons/PC world/currys and got a good reply from him, the one person in the company who has bothered, and they are now going to send me some compensation! Not very much but at least it is something.

Anyway I would be very wary of ever using these companies again in the future, and would rather go to Argos, Tesco Direct, etc!!

Hi Glad this worked out for you and you have some compensation for your time and trouble.

Side issue I was in curry's today and purchased a cooker hood,and the sales man asked as usual would I like to take out additional 3 year warranty for £19.I said NO,as it is covered for up to 6 years under SOGA, for free, he asked me what is SOGA..HELP!!

All the best

FS

Dont worry about the min wage sales guy. just tell him you dont want the insurance/warranty.