currys/dixons

soopersoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How many of you out there had trouble with this oh so wonderful (!) company of Currys/Dixons?

They owed me a full refund for over two months,

I have written and phoned them in Cheltenham and as i live in North Wales

I even drove down there once from here trying to get my moiney,

I am out of pocket for expenses terrifickly and they refuse to compensate me.( overall 5 months ):mad2:

And guess what all this time i am suffering with Cancer and going through Chemo!!!!! HOW AWFUL ARE THEY.

:mad2:

Can you give more info on your issue soopersoo?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Can you give more info on your issue soopersoo?

I bought a lap top and extra's, and was told the next day that I had Cancer, this was in September, I did not even take the products from the store!

So I requested a full refund to cut a long story short, I phoned them 9 times myself, my friend in Cheltenham phoned and went into the store over 8 times.

I came out of hospital after my Cancer operation, and three weeks later drove to Cheltenham to try to get my money back,and eventually got the refund after two months.

I had bank charges, and all the phone calls and visits, and am now going through Chemotherapy, feeling pretty ill, and have just had an email to say they will not pay my compensation, that originally they said they would cover as it was their fault that they had not refunded me right away!!

Pretty awful to treat someone this way I think !!:mad2:

Welcome, I hope your treatment goes very well and is put into remission soon.

As for these they are one of the worst to deal with, they have no customer service.

I would get onto trading standards and have them help you out, http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

Ringing them (currys/dixons) will be ineffective, write to them demanding the refund, give them a date in which to refund you by.

Once they fail to refund you by that date, then send them a letter before action giving them a further 7 days in which to refund you the money, before you issue them with a small claim for the amount they owe you, this will include your out of pocket expenses spent traveling and contacting them to refund you your money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So basically what you are after is compensation? If thats right, you need to go through the courts. You cant just demand it and expect them to pay. However, you could try a polite appeal to the CEO and see if they offer a gesture of goodwill.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yes thank you I did send them the letter before action, and they replied that they would not give me any compensation!

I will try trading standards, thanks, and i will go to the small claims court also, thank you, why should I let them get away with it, what a disgusting company they are, they hvae NO customer services I can assure you.

So basically what you are after is compensation? If thats right, you need to go through the courts. You cant just demand it and expect them to pay. However, you could try a polite appeal to the CEO and see if they offer a gesture of goodwill.

I have tried all that, politeness, and so many letters and emails I cant keep count. My friend even saw The Senior Manager one day who said he would deal with it (ha ha) , they will give nothing!!

Crap company.

You need to exhaust their full complaints procedure before you issue a court claim. the jduge wont like it if you havent followed the set process.

Forget about court for now, and issue a complaint direct to the CEO. Keep it short, polite, and to the point.

Yes thank you I did send them the letter before action, and they replied that they would not give me any compensation!

If you have sent them an LBA, then your next step is to follow through with it, sending an LBA and then doing nothing is what they were expecting.

Have you proof of your losses, if so, have you sent them a proper list of those expenses so they know exactly what your are claiming?

If you don't have all the paperwork in order, you won't succeed in court.

right that is useful, I will list all the phone call dates and visits to store, I have it all written down, and I will try the CEO with all this and when the 14 days notice has run out I will go to the courts.

Many thanks

Just be careful. IMO you issued the LBA too early. You should have gone through their official complaints procedure so they cant worm their way out of it. How much are you claiming in compensation, and have you got a breakdown for it?

who said and how [letter, recorded call], that they would compensate you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes I have listed phone calls, date they eventually refunded the money (after two months), visits to the store by myself and a friend.

All this does not take into account the stress during my chemotherapy, as i was over £400 out of pocket and therefore had no money to use for extra's ! I have had to pay alot mot petrol due to all the hospital visits I have had to make, therefore using savings

will do thank you, I will send an email or letter to the CEO, I can assure you I have been politeness all the way through, never once being rude even though one weekend when I phoned the Manager in Cheltenham, he just said to me that he was 'busy' and put the phone down on me before I could say anything (apart from my name at the begining ) !!!

I have never once been rude even now

Its very unlikely that they will offer any compensation, however, they may offer a token amount as a gesture of goodwill, just to get rid of you. I can pretty much guarantee they wont give you what you are asking for though.

well I am a tryer, and not easily put off (due to my training as a Senior Union Rep) so I will persist why should this company feel they can get away with treating people in this manner.

Do they they think because they are a big company they can treat the general public as if WE are their servants? Treat us with contempt? and derision? It is high time that they are liable for their wrongs. Making an old person with Cancer wait two months to refund money that should have been refunded within three days, and put back on the card, is pretty disgusting treatment !

Why should I suffer loss of interest having to use savings to get to hospital and back (because I had no spare cash) ignore phone calls etc?

If you tried to take it to court, the court would simply say, why not just deal with it like everyone else. Otherwise anyone could go to their offices and claim hundreds in compo. Thats why there is a set route to take. It takes out all the worry and any messing around, so you can either get a yes or a no, then head on off to court if you wish.

If you tried to take it to court, the court would simply say, why not just deal with it like everyone else. Otherwise anyone could go to their offices and claim hundreds in compo. Thats why there is a set route to take. It takes out all the worry and any messing around, so you can either get a yes or a no, then head on off to court if you wish.

:-x

I am hardly claiming for nothing! two months waiting for a proper and simple refund! and I am not claiming hundreds only what I am legally entitled to re bank interest, loss of saving,s phone calls, and petrol money trying to sort it out.

So thanks for this, but I am being very fair and reasonable to a really crap company, who treat their customers like rubbish, we are customers and I will make sure as many people as possible know about it through my Forums on Face book which go right round the UK. I have polite alll the way through until now

:mad2:

You might think youre entitled but you need to follow procedure. You cant just claim for things you THINK you are entitled too.

Im not trying to dampen your spirits or troll you. Im giving facts.