LA Wasting Money... Soon the be caught out...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys n Gals...

As some of your already know, I'm one of those people who like to look deeply into situations... Sometimes a little too deep.. Ah well, anyway, over the last few years of living in this borough I've noticed quite a few things about the local Borough Council.

Here's a quick list to give you an idea (I'm sure you lot notice this too)

1) Lights left on in the Council Offices over night

2) Heating left on in the Council Offices over night (the steam billowing out of the exhausts is a give-away)

3) The myriads of 'blank' pages sent out with their letters, notices etc... (I personally get about 1 - 2 every letter I get)

4) Duplicate or triplicate letters sent out

5) Civil Servants standing around the corner having a 'smoke break' on our tax money

Who would need to contact about this? Better yet, is there a way I can request a detailed budget i.e. internal expenditure on postage, paper, manpower hours, telephone, fax, repairs etc... under the erm.. freedom of information act? or something like that?

I'm not sure what it's covered under, but I would have thought that this information should be available due to it being paid for by tax payers. i.e. how the information about the MP expenses was obtained.

I'd like to know this as I'm pretty sure that their 'finance' experts have the budgeting skills of Paris Hilton in Harrods :wink:

Cheers,

Moi

Foi request maybe?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is cheaper to leave their commercial boilers on overnight than to turn them off and on, it would take about 1 to 2 hours to make the building up to 'working temperature' if they turned the boilers off overnight - that is a bit of a red herring.

Your other red herring is the 'staff' smoking outside, are you sure they are staff (who contractually are allowed breaks in their work) or 'customers/clients'.

I think you are onto a looser with this train of thought.

You would be better off looking at the jobs that are advertised and how many times the jobs are re-advertised, or going to any open council meeting and watching and learning what they do and how they go about it.