Talk Talk subscription cancelled as per T&Cs: still no refund.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear forum members,

I wanted to share my experience with Talk Talk and also would appreciate an advice.

At the end of August 2013 I subscribed, as a new customer, to a phone + broadband package with Talk Talk. The price was interesting and they seemed to be the only ones providing a broadband service for our new house.

The phone line was activated but the broadband never worked. After several weeks of speaking to the customer service (a total of several hours over chat, phone and email) I preferred to cancel the subscription as per T&Cs. This lack of service was costing us money as we work from home. When the package was finally cancelled (after almost 1 hour over the phone) they confirmed that:

- the line would be officially disconnected on 09 October 2013;

- they would refund the Value Line Rental (rental paid for 1 year in advance) which is a bit more than 100 GBP.

We are on 19 December and they haven't refunded yet. I have contacted them quite several times and the only response I have is that indeed they should refund but they haven't done it. It seems that they were more interested in their cash flow than in the customer experience...

Today I have replied to them and let them know that it was the last time I would log a complaint to their customer service; I have requested a positive response including confirmation of refund processed and date of transaction, within the next 24 hours, after that I would move to further action.

Do you think I should still send a 'letter before action', or can I open a small claim now (as I have complained so many times and have written responses).

Thanks in advance.

Hi, sorry you were missed.

You could try emailing the boss

[email protected]

If that fails then to follow protocol you would need to serve a Letter before Action then if no response, sue.

I am with TalkTalk and when I moved home just after taking out the value line rental, the refund took over a month to come back. No where near as long as you. Half the problem is the foreign call centre. I have real difficulty speaking to them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the precious information.

I have given up chats and calls for contacting their customer support, as either the communication is terrible, or I stay in a queue for 20 minutes and after providing all sort of details during the next 10 minutes, I am then answered anything which doesn't help at all.

I have now received a reply from a different person, stating that the refund would be processed within 48 hours upon approval from a manager... So I will wait 1 day more before send the letter before claim.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear members,

I am just updating the "case". Following the last response from TT, I responded that I did believe them but would check, exactly 48 hours after their response, that the refund had been done.

A different person then responded that they were really happy that I did like their service (!!!) and therefore they had closed the issue (!!!). Incredible but true.

Therefore I prepared the letter before claim. With this end of year and family-related journeys and meetings (which are far more important, really!) I left the subject on hold.

However, I can now see that they have now processed the refund.

Better late than never!