DLA £10 Christmas Bonus

stigofthedump
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

The £10 Christmas bonus for ESA was paid in to Bank Accounts at the beginning of this month.

Check your statements online to see if this has been paid in, if not give them a ring and listen to a horrible version of the four seasons!

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi

My husbands DLA is due on the 24th Dec so expect the £10 then but as regards his ESA he hasn't received the £10. He had a payment on the 13th Dec for the normal amount and the next payment is due on the 27th Dec.

He is in receipt of ESA (CB) and is in the Support Group. Does that make any difference

Thanks

Joanne

The £10.00 is paid as a separate payment, usually 1st week in December !

https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus/eligibility

Hi

My husbands DLA is due on the 24th Dec so expect the £10 then but as regards his ESA he hasn't received the £10. He had a payment on the 13th Dec for the normal amount and the next payment is due on the 27th Dec.

He is in receipt of ESA (CB) and is in the Support Group. Does that make any difference

Thanks

Joanne

DLA/ESA are been paid early due to Xmas,click on below link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?413170-Benefits-over-the-Festive-Season-2013-14-Courtesy-of-poster-45002&p=4423107&viewfull=1#post4423107

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Would it not cost you more than £10 to ring the dwp?

Depends where you call a 0845 number from

BT fixed line 4p a minute http://www.area-codes.org.uk/0845-numbers.php

and depending what price plan your on,you can get a hours worth of free 0845 calls !

It's when you use mobiles cost soar,as the above link shows you....

From a BT landlineUp to 4p/minCheck costs

From an EE mobile phoneUp to 40p/minCheck costs

From an O2 mobile phoneUp to 25p/minCheck costs

From an Orange mobile phoneUp to 35p/minCheck costs

From a T-mobile mobile phoneUp to 40p/minCheck costs

From a Three mobile phoneUp to 35p/minCheck costs

From a Vodafone mobile phoneUp to 14p/min

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

... and depending what price plan your on,you can get a hours worth of free 0845 calls ! ...

Yep, very happy with my BT price plan. Means I never have to worry about phoning the DWP as it's always a free call.

My £10 bonus was paid with the normal ESA on Dec 6th. You only get one £10 payment, no matter how many benefits you have. I did check, in case they had felt generous, when my DLA went into the bank on the 10th...

Just to add to 0845 call costs, I'm on Virgin Media cable for my home phone. It's 11.24p connection charge plus 10.22p per minute, unless you're on a talk plan that includes 0845 calls, on they only do it on the most expensive plan. I made a call to the DWP in March, about my ESA, and was charged £6.45 for one call.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

My £10 bonus was paid with the normal ESA on Dec 6th. You only get one £10 payment, no matter how many benefits you have. I did check, in case they had felt generous, when my DLA went into the bank on the 10t

Just to add to 0845 call costs, I'm on Virgin Media cable for my home phone. It's 11.24p connection charge plus 10.22p per minute, unless you're on a talk plan that includes 0845 calls, on they only do it on the most expensive plan. I made a call to the DWP in March, about my ESA, and was charged £6.45 for one call.

I had two bonuse"s paid into my bank on 3rd December, one for DLA and one for ESA..

I had two bonuse"s paid into my bank on 3rd December, one for DLA and one for ESA..

Unless it was for 2 different people, they'll be asking for it back once they realise... See https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

My £10 bonus was paid with the normal ESA on Dec 6th. You only get one £10 payment, no matter how many benefits you have. I did check, in case they had felt generous, when my DLA went into the bank on the 10th...

That's disgust of Virgin 11.24p connection charge plus 10.22p per minute :evil:

That's disgust of Virgin 11.24p connection charge plus 10.22p per minute :evil:

Tell me about it ! Detailed on P6 of http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/011113%20Residential%20Cable%20V1.pdf

To add to the insult, when I first called the DWP the lady I spoke to INSISTED that calls to their 0845 number were free, or I would not have called it. Bearing that in mind, the DWP refunded the cost of the call and I now have a VOIP service active where I pay only 3p a minute to 0845. I'll not make the same mistake again.

Unless it was for 2 different people, they'll be asking for it back once they realise... See https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus

No it wasnt for 2 people it was for me, showed up on Bank Account as DLA £10 and an extra £10 added to my Esa, both was paid on 3rd December, am sure DWP will be in touch if I have been overpaid lol..... I thought it to be strange when I received a letter from DLA stating they would be paying me the £10 bonus as I have never received it before in the last 20 years. I have always received the bonus from firstly invalidity benefit then incapacity benefit and then more recently from Esa....

Edited by swinginapig