Commercial rent renewal question.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The lease is due up on my wifes shop at the end of March 2014.

Am I right in thinking the landlords agents should have sent a form 25 notice by now?

This would be the 3rd renewal as she has been there nearly 9 years now, the agents are not the best to deal with but I would like to know where she stands legally before i phone them.

Thanks

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

When to use this Section 25 notice

This notice can be used when the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 applies, which gives the tenant security of tenure. Security of tenure is when the tenant has a right to renew the tenancy when it comes to an end.

If the parties have opted out of security of tenure under the Act, then a Section 25 Notice cannot be used.

There are two versions of a Section 25 Notice form, depending on the landlord's intentions:

1. The landlord intends to end the current tenancy and proposes terms for renewal.
  2. The landlord opposes a new tenancy in order to gain possession of the property.

This form is to be used for option (1) if you are a landlord who wants to end the tenant’s current business tenancy but offer the same tenant a new commercial lease.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply, I am pretty sure she has never opted out of security of tenure.

Is there a legal time frame? Its now nearly 3 months before its due to be renenwed.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

Usually 6-12 months before renewal but you can send the Section 26 notice complies the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 (Part 2) and the Regulatory Reform (Business Tenancies) (England and Wales) Order 2003. It is suitable for use by a tenant who wants to request a new (or renewal of an existing) business tenancy.

The tenant can pre-empt the landlord's Section 25 Notice, request a new tenancy and propose terms for renewal using this Section 26 Notice. However, this Section 26 Notice cannot be served if the landlord has already served a section 25 notice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread