• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help urgently needed.

My son left home over a year ago, however, a year ago he decided to ride a train with no ticket and got caught. Rightly so he received a fine and he never paid it. He was taken to court and a £20 fine escalated into £400 court fine. Which I have to say he deserves. All through this he has not changed his address and all correspondence keeps coming to my home.

To my horror last night when I got home there was a Notice of Distress Warrant on my doorstep. I am petrified that bailiffs will turn up and break into my house and my son doesn't even live there. He is not on the electoral register, no correspondence apart from his debts (much to my disgust) comes to my home for him.

Please please please can someone give me some advice.... I have until the 24th December according to the letter.

FDAO xx

Sorry to ask a few questions that you may think are not relevant but they are important.

How long have you lived at the property and how old is your son?

Please post back asap.

Edited by tomtubby

You could swear a Statutory Declaration at the magistrates court as to his non residence and that no goods on the premises are his, does he appear on the Register of Electors at your address, if he has been gone a year he should not, that in itself helps prove hr doesn't live there.

The bailiff CANNOT as alluded by tomtubby sieze your property or break in for his debt if indeed son has been non resident this past year; if he turns up film the bailiff with a mobile phone even to capture any threats that can help with a complaint to HMCS Enforcement later

Edited by brassnecked

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

There was a very good reason for my asking the questions. If your son had been 35 years of age and you had only lived in the house for a year then it is possible that the bailiff COULD assume that goods in your house may have been purchased by him.

Given that your son is only aged 20 and you have lived in the house for 10 years then it is very unlikely indeed that a bailiff could rely upon such an "assumption".

There is however a problem and it is this:

From a GREAT deal of experience ( work wise not personally) I can assure you that many parents contact bailiff companies on behalf of sons and daughters with debts for court fines and parking tickets to "claim" that the debtor does not live at the property and sadly, in many cases this is not true. Because of this bailiffs will be sceptical so please take this on board.

If you are in contact with your son he can make a application to West Mercia to submit a Statutory Declaration and this will stop all enforcement.

Have you spoken to West Mercia to explain the situation. I would suggest that this is done immediately?

Within the past 2 years a lot of courts have closed and amalgamated with others. I think that with West Mercia you will find that all enquiries are now through Hereford Magistrates Court.

The following number is for Fines Enquiries:

01562 514000

I have called Collectica this morning who have told me that if I provide a copy of my register of electors to prove that his name is not on the electoral roll they have said that is enough to stop action at my home? Is that correct and will is cost money to swear a declaration?

stay off that phone to the baiiff

he should have already taken reasonable steps, like checking voters BEFORE he started to try and fleece you

for a debt you do not owe.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do as you mentioned at post# 7 A stat dec costs around a tenner and can be done at a solicitors or a magistrates court. Collectica would be very silly if they ignored a stst dec.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Are you able to locate a copy of the electoral register?

I would suggest that you do NOT speak with the bailiff and instead send am email to explain that you have lived in the property for 10 years are that your son is just 20 years of age and owns NOTHING in the property and that furthermore you will NOT under any circumstances b paying this debt for your son.

Have you spoken with the court?

If you are not able to lay your hands on the electoral register then you need to remind Collectica that they can easily obtain a copy from their own extensive tracing databank.

I called them and emailed them today a copy of our egister of electors to demonstrate that my son does not live here, they have told me that they have heard nothing from him despite him telling me that he has paid money towards this debt. I am past that part now as I just want to make sure that they do not now or in the future knock or try to force entry into my home.

Can they force entry while I am not home?

First thing tomorrow morning get the stat dec done. Forget about them forcing into your home. IT is an empty threat. You are falling right smack centre into their trap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As simple as walking into the court or any solicitors, telling them you want a stat dec done, and give them the fee. Note, that the contents of the stat dec must be true, as it is a full legal document. There are severe penalties if there is false info on there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If Collectica indulge in corporate muppetry and threaten you for the debt, send a Formal complaint to the Area HMCS Enforcement manager, and also copy in your MP. Collectica are now as you have given proof of non residence of the named debtor, on very shaky ground, add a stat dec into the mix and a locksmith and they are looking at criminal offences by their bailiff, and the locksmith. if they are stupid enough to proceed with a forced entry.

I personally wouldn't do a stroke. Why should you do their job for them? It is up to them to establish the whereabouts of your son. They are chasing a person, not an address.

You have done more than you are required to by emailing them the

If it were other bailiffs and a civil debt then yes, they have, as this is a HMCS fine Collectica could well use a locksmith in extremis i's need dotting and t's need crossing with that bunch, they are worse than Busted & Stupid

Just saying what I would do BN

I don't help bailiffs, I require them to carry out their own investigations regarding the current residence of the person they are seeking.

They have had an email providing the documentation that THEY requested. They cannot now carry on enforcing the debt without further evidence that the son resides there.

Just saying what I would do BN

I don't help bailiffs, I require them to carry out their own investigations regarding the current residence of the person they are seeking.

They have had an email providing the documentation that THEY requested. They cannot now carry on enforcing the debt without further evidence that the son resides there.

You are correct but as we know bailiffs LIE

now I am very scared, this sounds awful. if I wasn't worried before I am now? does that mean they can turn up with a locksmith beak in and take my things and my chidrens things and there is nothing I can do?

Earlier today I provided you with details of the court that authorised the warrant. I assume that you have not spoken with them and instead....have been speaking with a bailiff.

I would suggest that you CALL the court in the morning to explain what has happened.

Next I would suggest that you send am EMAIL to the court as well with a copy of the letter that you have sent to Collectica. It would be a good idea to send a TEXT message to the bailiff as well. This forum is very popular and many bailiff companies view posts on a daily basis. I will therefore PM you with suggested wording.

now I am very scared, this sounds awful. if I wasn't worried before I am now? does that mean they can turn up with a locksmith beak in and take my things and my chidrens things and there is nothing I can do?

Don't worry, you have provided them with information, they know the named debtor (son) is non resident and nothing at your house is his. They would be very unwise to try a locksmith to force entry, any levy and the forced entry would be unlawful, the bailiff is hoping he can intimidate you into "volunteering" to pay the debt. A Stat dec would kill his pig completely.