• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

dropped my laptop - knowhow now say i'm not covered!!

Please-Help
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if someone could please help me,

my laptop accidentally slipped and fell from 2nd floor balcony.

KNOWHOW have sent this back to me without repairing it and

have said the findings are not covered by the agreement and

I need to write to them at Hemel Hempstead if I want to challenge this.

Please help as I'm not very good at letter writing.

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I bet you were told you were covered for everything

by the rep that sold it?

got a nice bonus for saying that to their wage packet.

pers i'd be writing to the CEO,

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please accept my apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section as im a newbie and don't know my way around here too much.

I desperately need help 2 weeks ago my laptop accidentally slipped out of my hands and fell of the balcony of my property which is on the second floor. The was quite a lot of extensive damage to it and I sent it off to them for repair. They rang me today to come and collect it as they will not be repairing it as their findings by their engineer are not covered by the agreement.

Please have gave me an address to write to if I want to challenge this.

Please help how do I go about writing this letter of explanation as I'm absolutely rubbish at writing letter.

How do I prove to them it was an accident and not neglect.

Thank you

Commission was stopped, but back when I worked at PC World there were still bonuses for meeting certain KPIs, sales of the extended cover was naturally one of them.

If the laptop has slipped from a 2nd floor balcony then it may have been excluded under a mis-use or neglect clause.

Can't you claim off your home contents insurance ? accidental damage ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The bonus still exists to this day.

I used to work for DSGi, back when Capita screwed us all over and had us all red banded and so 70% of us left DSGi for this and I still have friends working there (Idiots really should have got out when we did)

A good % of the engineers that deal with repairs have certain checks to make, they don't even look or think about Accidental damage as they are not allowed to due to KPI's. If a product comes in due to accidental damage, they follow

a set procedure this includes looking at the overall damage. If it fits a certain % that they would class as not being accidental damage, then it won't get looked at and returned to the customer with the stock response of it being outside of your policy.

Be also aware, that a good majority of the engineers are not qualified to do the job they are doing.

Also never, ever tell them directly or indirectly how it happened. That's the first mistake everyone makes, as that gives an automatic 25% mark down on the repair. If you've admitted to them that you dropped this from a balcony, that's an instant fail and in their eyes voids your policy straight away as neglect.

I had to deal with a gentlemen who's son had got hold of a knife and had thrown it at the TV, which put a whole in the screen and cracked it. I was all up for repairing the screen for this TV, but my manager took one look at it and said no policy is void. I asked why and his response was it was intentionally damaged. They will use any reason and excuse under the sun not to fix something under your policy.

Also all mail that goes to the Head Office, it does get opened and then forwarded on to the Customer Contact Centre in Sheffield for them to deal with if it's a customer complaint or problem.

Customer Services, Customer Contact Centre, PO Box 1687, Sheffield, S2 5YA

I would advise you take your policy to a solicitor.

so there we go

yet more confirmation, that in all reality

these knowhow policies are nothing more than a money making exercise

which is what CAG has said about all warranties from day one.

of course not as extreme as brighthouse etc

but clear profit none the less and designed that way from day one.

go nail 'em...

gotta fell for the guys that work there too though

being in the trade for 35yrs I too still know some that work there

dx

dx

and they

The bonus still exists to this day.

I used to work for DSGi, back when Capita screwed us all over and had us all red banded and so 70% of us left DSGi for this and I still have friends working there (Idiots really should have got out when we did)

A good % of the engineers that deal with repairs have certain checks to make, they don't even look or think about Accidental damage as they are not allowed to due to KPI's. If a product comes in due to accidental damage, they follow

a set procedure this includes looking at the overall damage. If it fits a certain % that they would class as not being accidental damage, then it won't get looked at and returned to the customer with the stock response of it being outside of your policy.

Be also aware, that a good majority of the engineers are not qualified to do the job they are doing.

Also never, ever tell them directly or indirectly how it happened. That's the first mistake everyone makes, as that gives an automatic 25% mark down on the repair. If you've admitted to them that you dropped this from a balcony, that's an instant fail and in their eyes voids your policy straight away as neglect.

I had to deal with a gentlemen who's son had got hold of a knife and had thrown it at the TV, which put a whole in the screen and cracked it. I was all up for repairing the screen for this TV, but my manager took one look at it and said no policy is void. I asked why and his response was it was intentionally damaged. They will use any reason and excuse under the sun not to fix something under your policy.

Also all mail that goes to the Head Office, it does get opened and then forwarded on to the Customer Contact Centre in Sheffield for them to deal with if it's a customer complaint or problem.

Customer Services, Customer Contact Centre, PO Box 1687, Sheffield, S2 5YA

I would advise you take your policy to a solicitor.

1) capita took over only the call center

2) the engineers dont have "kpi's"

3) afaik there is no "set percentage of repairs"

please back up with evidence rather than years old hearsay as capita handed back their part of the business back to dsgi over 4 years ago

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 1 month later...
1) capita took over only the call center

2) the engineers dont have "kpi's"

3) afaik there is no "set percentage of repairs"

please back up with evidence rather than years old hearsay as capita handed back their part of the business back to dsgi over 4 years ago

Capita initially did the managed services for DSGi with PCWorld, Currys & Dixons at the Sheffield site

and had nothing initially to do with "PC Service Call or Tech Guys" until 03/04.

DSGi in 2002/03 noted an initial failure with the Nottingham site

(Which if you was employed by DSGi at the time, you would know this)

and that the site was loosing money in call volumes.

Capita initially signed a service contract with DSGi in 2002 to run the Nottingham call site,

which was the location for "PC Service Call" after it was transferred from the Sheffield site in 1999/2000.

They also took over the repair center & engineer resource center.

All engineers for DSGi had and still have KPI's, including the field engineers

And yes there is a set number of repairs, as it's part and parcel of the contracts with the manufactures.

As for Capita handing back the contract,

I don't know where you get your information from but this never happened.

Capita was in breech of contract with DSGi in 04/05/06 at both the Sheffield site & Nottingham site,

one of the clauses in the contract with DSGi was performance

and if Capita didn't meet the required targets as per the contract they were in effect finned by DSGi for it.

This was one of the many reasons Capita had their contract cancelled by DSGi,

so a bit of a difference between handing back and having the contract cancelled.

Like i said,

I used to work for both DSGi & Capita and remember the bull that came from it all.

Capita taking over and screwing us all over,

was one of the main reason I quit working for them.

is that you tim?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

mapadale weve kinda thread hijacked here

ill pm you tommorow when i get chance

i have good reasons for knowing what some of what you said is incorrect

however i also know some of its fairly true. ill explain more by pm

dx ill copy you in and once weve got our differences worked out ill let you know the outcome

Please note: