Machine Guns vs Disabled People : Ministers quake facing the wrath of disabled people.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if Conniff would be saying the same if they were the ones too disabled work having to claim benefits? I seriously doubt it.

Why is it that when someone doesn't hear what they want to hear, they assume that poster is fit, well and rich.

There is an old saying your gran lived by and that is 'cut your cloth according to your means', which means stop believing the world and your government owes you a living.

There is also a saying that those with the most to lose have the most to fear. It's nothing new, it happened during the reign of the Roman Empire. The rich senatorial aristocractic minority drained the wealth from the poor majority in the countryside, sound familiar!

And Conniff please don't believe that I think that you are fit, well and rich. I know of two families who for some unknown reason vote Tory. The first were unemployed and could not afford to put shoes on their children's feet yet they believed that they were better off under Thatcher. The second were unemployed, now pensioners, who vote Tory just because the man of the house attends a shooting club and wants to fit in with his more affluent friends. Absolute insanity!

The problem is that with today's available media what will the 'civilised' world think of a country that treats its less fortunate with utter contempt. You must remember that humans by nature are generally altruistic, so I don't believe that the majority of this country agree with the Tory way of dealing with the deficit. Of course, if David and his friends were living in a flat and were regular attendees of the local food bank then you could sympathise with them, but they're not, they are greedy and afraid that very soon they are going to be out of a job :)

Edited by TheLion

We must think ourselves lucky that we have a welfare system at all. Why do you think there is fear that there will be an influx of immigrants from Eastern Europe, it's because they don't have a welfare system but they have managed to survive.

The benefits system has grown and grown out of all proportion with bits (credits) added on here and there and money borrowed to pay for it. You can't fail to agree that the welfare purse has to be brought under control.

We have seen on the television families saying all they can afford to feed their kids is burgers and beans, well for the price of those burger and beans, they could cook a nutritious meal, especially when unemployed with time on their hands.

Sorry, but the natives of this land have got complacent and expect too much.

Conniff my friend, this is the age of fear. Day after day the government and media try to force their lies upon us; we must fear the unemployed for they are scroungers, we must fear the disabled and sick for they are liars etcetera. Do you really believe that rubbish? Or do you just refuse to ask questions and instead follow blindly?

As for the 'natives' of this country, to whom are you referring? This country has been a part of the Europen mainland for far longer than it has been an island. And you only have to look back through history to see that the majority of us are immigrants, so at which point in time, and to whom, do you actually make reference too when you state 'native'?

As for the Welfare Bill getting out of hand, well come on, surely there is an argument here for age discrimination. The vast majority of said Bill goes to pensioners and is untouchable. Perhaps rather than have a dig at the unemployed, sick and disabled you could draft a proposition for a system of euthanasia, starting at sixty-five maybe.

And let's not get started on tax evasion...

I didn't mean natives as in white English, I meant everyone living here.

Yes I do fear all that you say, but I do take a deeper look at all aspects and the things in the background as well.

This country is in trouble, I hope UKIP gets in and takes us out of Europe which no one in this country voted for, we voted to join a 'common market'.

There are some really good posts on here - http://pensionersclub.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?102-European-Union

Thank you for the link Conniff, I will have a look at it. I doubt very much that UKIP will get in to be realistic, unless they form a coalition, and look what that has done for the Lib' Dem's. It's a shame that true democracy appears to be dead in this country.

As for fear, I try to remember the following: That there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Anyway, enough politics.

Merry Xmas and all the best for the New Year.

And a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you.

I agree with all that is said here, but I do try to believe that someone is genuine and trying to help the country to get back on it's feet.

You right, of course, that realistically UKIP has next to no chance but I might just put my vote there in 2015.