• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

my son and my support - RLP letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son (who is under 18)

admitted to me that he had done something he regrets

and questions himself why he did it in the first place!

knowing it was wrong …

. I have read the letters from RLP that were sent directly to him,

and frankly i am disgusted they are allowed to operate the way they do,

scaring young kids into parting with cash! and being persistent,

is in my opinion un-just.

I have told him not to worry and give me all the letters that come in future.

I intend NOT to part with any cash and take full responsibility! if thats allowed!.

In my opinion this should have been dealt with in the store by calling the police at the time this took place,

and get them to deal with it in a respectable way (maybe for a first time offender,

just to frighten them or something like lock them up and call the parents to pick them up from the station).

For his sake and mine (as i am now getting letters from RLP)

i hope this all blows over and hope/think he has learnt his lesson…

He is now worried about this affecting his job prospects or word getting to an employer that he did such a silly thing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My son (who is under 18) admitted to me that he had done something he regrets and questions himself why he did it in the first place! knowing it was wrong …. I have read the letters from RLP that were sent directly to him, and frankly i am disgusted they are allowed to operate the way they do, scaring young kids into parting with cash! and being persistent, is in my opinion un-just. I have told him not to worry and give me all the letters that come in future. I intend NOT to part with any cash and take full responsibility! if thats allowed!. In my opinion this should have been dealt with in the store by calling the police at the time this took place, and get them to deal with it in a respectable way (maybe for a first time offender, just to frighten them or something like lock them up and call the parents to pick them up from the station). For his sake and mine (as i am now getting letters from RLP) i hope this all blows over and hope/think he has learnt his lesson… He is now worried about this affecting his job prospects or word getting to an employer that he did such a silly thing.

Good for you.

It has long been our position that the police and criminal justice system are the correct authorities for dealing with shoplifting, and that there is no place for a business, motivated solely by profit, to act as judge, jury and executioner.

It is all the more unfortunate that the companies involved in these grubby enterprises use what the Law Commission called 'aggressive and misleading' tactics to try to coerce people into paying their speculative invoices.

You will see from reading here that RLP cannot do any more than send letters, and that retailers very, very rarely take court action. Eventually RLP's letters stop; there's no need to engage with them in any way.

Tell jackie i said hi ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

Congratulations for sticking up for your (and your son's) rights. Have you given him a clip round the ear yet?:lol:

I'm sure that you will get lots more letters. If you haven't responded to a letter, I happen to think this simple one liner:-

Any liability to either you or any company that you represent is denied

should be sent. I believe that where RLP get no response whatsoever, they think they may get a CCJ by the back door. By sending the letter, they know that you will fight them. They do send a few letters plus one or two from a pet lawyer followed by debt collection letters from Debt Recovery Plus who soon scuttle back in their hole once told to 'do one'

He is now worried about this affecting his job prospects or word getting to an employer that he did such a silly thing.

This database they use can only be accessed with your sons permission. He was not arrested or cautioned therefore there is no criminal record. These are just scare tactics.

Stick to your guns and you will soon see them off.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Write back telling them to eff off and that any further contact will be considered as harassment and remedied by laying a complaint to the police and taking civil remedy.

They cant get a CCJ against your son as he is too young to take to court and neither he or you owe these bandits a penny.

Write back telling them to eff off and that any further contact will be considered as harassment and remedied by laying a complaint to the police and taking civil remedy.

They cant get a CCJ against your son as he is too young to take to court and neither he or you owe these bandits a penny.

That isnt wise with jackie. The golden rule with her is you never get into letter tennis. Have a read of more RLP threads and youll see why i say this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Unfortunately, the woman who runs RLP takes a personal interest in cases (it's a very small company), and does not act in anything approaching a professional manner, in my view. Some people might conclude that their correspondence isn't always entirely rational or truthful. Consequently, unless you like wading through reams of circumloquacious pseudo-legal drivel, correspondence is not recommended. In some cases a very short denial of liability is useful, but not in this case.

It goes without saying that telephoning is unwise.

Thanks, for all the replies, will wait and see what comes of their letter writing. All this was for an item that cost less than £10 which they recovered and there was no loss to the store. the number of letters and time they have wasted trying to get my son to pay them £50 would easily be recovered from the cost they are incurring by writing so many letters. Anyway, lets see what happens next.

If RLP have already been in touch, it wont stop overnight. You'll get 5 letters or so over the next few months, each getting more desperate than the previous. Trust me, read them yourself and youll have a good laugh. Then when she's about to give up, she'll hand the account over to a DCA who only deal in ficticious or lemon debts. This DCA is very easily shooed away, then normally she gives up.

Are we sure that the store has the right to share personal data with RLP for either an under 18, anyone who did not sign anything or anyone who signed under duress? After all RLP are not solicitors and the involvement of RLP is not necessary for the completion of any contract etc ...

They can TRY and hide, but that part of the DPA relates to companies in authority, such as the police, courts etc. Not a silly little company that she made purely to fleece people.

The only way to get RLP closed down is if someone takes out a private case against them in the high court. But since the costs of doing this would be stupidly high, nobody bothers.

• 1 month later...

The letters are getting really worrying now,

if i was 17 years old again,

i think i would have committed suicide by now,

SORRy but thats how i feel after reading the letter they set to my son.

they sent a letter reducing the amount down from £50 to £25 and that would be the end of the matter,

because I decided not to pay it for him

they sent another letter stating that offer is now withdrawn, and

they will be waiting till he is 18 years old and

will take matters further once he is of the right age to take him to court,

without having to use an intermediary as he is currently under 18,

any court proceedings will require a 'Litigation Friend'

Means a lot to a 17 year old doesn't it!

ANYWAY, my point is,

am I making things worse for my son,

Riding this out is tough,

I am not even showing my son the content of the letters as it will really mess him up :-(

Hi

I know these letters are (by design) intimidatory but the fact of the matter is, RLP have taken nor will take anyone to court. Only the retailer can do that and it is not in their interest to do so.

File the letter under 'toilet paper', treat it as such. Jackie hates it when a potential source of income dries up and will do (almost) anything to convince you that she is right when in actual fact she couldn't be further from the truth.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I would say simply file the letters away and forget about them.

IMHO, if they were to take any court action - which I doubt they will, they will be shown up for the heavy handed bullies they are!

Also, I am not too sure they can "put this on hold until your son is 18" and then resurrect it ??

Isnt it the case that juveniles have their anonymity protected and if they were to breach that they themselves could be in serious trouble ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would actually take legal advice on that letter. Blackmail comes to mind as well as obtaining money by deception.

Seems like its getting more serious if i start to think that we need to take legal advise, can my son get legal advice if he is 17? or would it be me as his parent getting legal advice? i would like to think they are just scare mongering him into submission and pay-up. If legal advice is the way to go, i would prefer we did it before he turns 18 in a few months. If this is just part of the scare tac-tics i will just file the letters away from him and if it comes to anything like going to court I will have them as evidence.

This 'we'll wait until you are 18 and then take you to court' nonsense has come up before, and there is no case we are aware of where a retailer has done that. It's simply more bluster from RLP.

RLP can't take anyone to court themselves; in fact, all they can do is send threatening letters because they are otherwise entirely impotent. RLP's grandiose posturing and the pretence that they are involved in legitimate judicial activities - when the reality is that (as the Law Commission put it) their claims are legally on shaky ground and they have no power or authority whatsoever - highlight the reasons why they indulge in aggressive and misleading activities (that's the Law Commission's view again). In short, RLP are bullies.

RLP's letters are unpleasant, and may amount to demanding money with menaces or harassment (because they are clearly designed to cause stress and anxiety), but they are just words on a piece of paper. RLP can't harm your son, or you. You are nearly at the end; stick with it. The last thing you should do is respond or give RLP any indication that their tactics are having an effect.

As above. I was speaking rhetorically. Jackie uses very dubious practices to obtain money from people. Saying she will hold of until your son turns 18 shows she is bordering on criminal acts. I cant say the specific acts i consider her to be in violation of, as without hard proof, they are merely accusations, and we know she reads these forums, and indeed does get a bit crazy when she realises we are on to her. The last thing we want to do is for this silly woman to try and bring a lawsuit on CAG, even though it will fail miserably.

help others LeoH

please scan up all the letters from them

we need them too!

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i think filing is a good idea, along with all the others,

but is taking legal advice wise?

he is 17 and soon to be 18,

will he be able to get legal advice at 17 or is it me as his parent that has to get advice?

at the end of the day if this letter is deemed a threat and i can use it against them,

i will wait till they decide if it goes to court or not.

Judging by some replies they are just trying to force him into a corner and pay-up.

Question is can they legally wait until he is 18 and then pursue him for this incident,

if so, does it make it worse for him?

who can i call for help ?

CAB or other!