JSA Payments Christmas

jokecentre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what happens to JSA payments if you have submitted a JSA 28? my friend submitted one a week or so before Christmas and was due to sign on boxing day, he wants to know will money still go into his account on tuesday as normal? :/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what happens to JSA payments if you have submitted a JSA 28? my friend submitted one a week or so before Christmas and was due to sign on boxing day, he wants to know will money still go into his account on tuesday as normal? :/

It might well go through as normal. It can take a few days to process a JSA28, but if he submitted it well in advance then that will might give enough time. I can't say for sure, though, so he should call early tomorrow if he hasn't received payment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hey all, im just looking for some advice.

I singed on the 19th december and recived money on the 23rd december. I was told i dont need to sign again untill the 16th of jan.

Would anyone know when i can expect my next payment over the new year period?

Many thanks

It might well go through as normal. It can take a few days to process a JSA28, but if he submitted it well in advance then that will might give enough time. I can't say for sure, though, so he should call early tomorrow if he hasn't received payment.

thanks i'll pass the info on to him.

Hey all, im just looking for some advice.

I singed on the 19th december and recived money on the 23rd december. I was told i dont need to sign again untill the 16th of jan.

Would anyone know when i can expect my next payment over the new year period?

Many thanks

You have been excused signing on 2nd January and should be paid on 7th January. Bear in mind that when you do attend on the 16th, you'll need to show four weeks of jobsearch evidence starting from 20th December.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

do you have to show job search for the JSA 28 period just out of interest?

No, that shouldn't be necessary. The point of a JSA28 is to declare a short period of sickness when you're not able to look for work, so for any days covered by that declaration your friend need only point out that the form was submitted.

On a paper diary (with imaginary dates) it could look like:

21st December: Checked Monster.com, applied for vacancy as road sweeper

22nd December: Sick - JSA28 submitted

23rd December: Sick - JSA28

and so on.

No, that shouldn't be necessary. The point of a JSA28 is to declare a short period of sickness when you're not able to look for work, so for any days covered by that declaration your friend need only point out that the form was submitted.

On a paper diary (with imaginary dates) it could look like:

21st December: Checked Monster.com, applied for vacancy as road sweeper

22nd December: Sick - JSA28 submitted

23rd December: Sick - JSA28

and so on.

well my friend who submitted a JSA 28 still carried out his normal job searching activities during the JSA 28 period, the only reason he filled one out is because ingeus was causing him too much stress.

Dayle your jobsearch will only be checked at your next work search review (either with the work coach or the work coach assistants) if there is sufficient evidence of jobsearch provided then payment will continue as normal but if there is in-sufficient information in whatever format you chose to use ten a referral will be made regardless of if the payment had been advanced for the Christmas periods.

For claimants who would have been due to attend the office for work search reviews during the period of being excused the payment system is built in with an advance marker to release payments automatically but you are only officially entitled to this payment (for JSA) when you attend the office following this to sign the declaration to state that you have had no changes in circumstances or completed any paid or unpaid work during the 4 week period.

So yes your jobsearch will be checked but only when you next attend.

hi

may i ask u as you work for jcp

why give Dwp access to your UJM account? why dont they just give access to your job centre adviser.

a have asked people and they could not understand why that is.

hope u could shed some light on the question thanks

Yes, that's right - you need to show 4 weeks of jobsearch activity.

Re my wife and UJM, she found it highly annoying and mostly useless. Really, it didn't offer anything to her that other jobsearch sites couldn't provide more efficiently.

hi

may i ask u as you have worked for jcp before

why give Dwp access to your UJM account? why dont they just give access to your job centre adviser.

why do they need access to your account aknow u dont need to but when u do let them what do they look at etc,

hi

may i ask u as you have worked for jcp before

why do they need access to your account aknow u dont need to but when u do let them what do they look at etc,

As far as I know you aren't (at this time) required to allow JCP access to your account - if you've already done so you can untick the box.

The Jobcentre advisers work for the DWP, and are the only DWP staff who would be in any way interested in your account, and even then only when you're actually there to sign on. When they look, they check to see what you have done to seek work in the last 14 days. You can still provide this information on a paper diary if you prefer.

If that doesn't answer your question, could you try rephrasing it? I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here.

As far as I know you aren't (at this time) required to allow JCP access to your account - if you've already done so you can untick the box.

The Jobcentre advisers work for the DWP, and are the only DWP staff who would be in any way interested in your account, and even then only when you're actually there to sign on. When they look, they check to see what you have done to seek work in the last 14 days. You can still provide this information on a paper diary if you prefer.

If that doesn't answer your question, could you try rephrasing it? I'm not 100% sure what you're asking here.

thanks for replying quick sorry if i seem annoying lol,

so its only job centre plus advisors work for DWP that check your account and no other people other than the job centre plus advisors that i go to sign on with this correct.?

they could not check my account on the date a was to sign last week as it was xmas and they would be off.

i guess only way dwp want access to your account is because they run the website for the job centre staff to see there claimants from 2 or 4 weeks jobsearch when they are only sat in front of them yes?

sorry again.

Not annoying - we're here to answer questions.

Anyhow, you're right - the only people who'll look at your UJM account will be the advisers who see you when you sign on. If there's a sanction doubt raised, perhaps the DM would look as well, but this won't be common.

The general idea is that DWP/JCP staff are too busy to just randomly check your UJM and there would be no-one around on Xmas day to look at it.

Not annoying - we're here to answer questions.

Anyhow, you're right - the only people who'll look at your UJM account will be the advisers who see you when you sign on. If there's a sanction doubt raised, perhaps the DM would look as well, but this won't be common.

The general idea is that DWP/JCP staff are too busy to just randomly check your UJM and there would be no-one around on Xmas day to look at it.

did u mean that when i sign on and If there's a sanction doubt raised, perhaps the DM would look as well

if not what did u mean by it if u understand what i mean.

Yes, correct - should a sanction doubt be raised, the DM might look at it while reaching a decision. Possibly - I don't know. They won't do this as a matter of routine, though. In most circumstances, you can assume that the only person looking at your UJM account is your adviser when you sign on.

Yes, correct - should a sanction doubt be raised, the DM might look at it while reaching a decision. Possibly - I don't know. They won't do this as a matter of routine, though. In most circumstances, you can assume that the only person looking at your UJM account is your adviser when you sign on.

should not have a sanction raised as apply for 3 jobs i phone call look in the paper etc and online all be done for the past 2 weeks now on to this week 2 weeks jobsearch so i cant really see why a would have a sanction doubt be raised.

should not have a sanction raised as apply for 3 jobs i phone call look in the paper etc and online all be done for the past 2 weeks now on to this week 2 weeks jobsearch so i cant really see why a would have a sanction doubt be raised.

You should be OK. I just raised it as a possible example of a time when someone other than your adviser might look at your UJM, not because I think it's likely to be happening in your case.

You should be OK. I just raised it as a possible example of a time when someone other than your adviser might look at your UJM, not because I think it's likely to be happening in your case.

yeh i would be suprised if i had one due to all my jobsearch are the same and always complete the 3 jobs and phone call etc. but i think i know what u mean there are some people out there who dont do much jobsearch etc they usually are the ones that get sanction but i should not due to sticking to my tasks

the dwp/jcp can only see what date u put your jobsearch on is that correct? or can they also see what time it was put on?

the dwp/jcp can only see what date u put your jobsearch on is that correct? or can they also see what time it was put on?

Not sure about that, I'm afraid.

Not sure about that, I'm afraid.

its fine am not sure if they do tho as when u are signing on they show u the UJM with all the things u have written on it for past few weeks and dont see the time so i doubt they would.

hope your having a good night and have a happy new year!

its fine am not sure if they do tho as when u are signing on they show u the UJM with all the things u have written on it for past few weeks and dont see the time so i doubt they would.

hope your having a good night and have a happy new year!

They probably won't care about the time even if they can see it. I mean, each adviser must see many claimants each week - in most cases, I suspect they won't complain because you sent a job app at 2am when you were "supposed" to be in bed. DWP staff simply don't have the time to be as vindictive as many people assume they are.

I'm having a quiet night, and happy new year to you!

I am hoping someone can help me, today I should of signed on but because its a bank holiday I don't need to attend, when will I be paid? I was told it would go in today but nothing is showing in my account

You should get your money on Monday as normal.