bright house rip offs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anybody help me .

i am a brighthouse customer that has got into a weeks arrears

now i am currently in the process of dealing with them through the courts

but in the mean time my problem is this

my washing machine which is six months old has burnt out and

i can not take it back to bright house for repair under its garentee so

i went direct to the manufacture hoover just to be told that they cant do anything unless instructed by brighthouse themselves

which wont happen while in in a dispute with them

any ideas of what i could do please.

many thanks in advance

You are in debt to Bright house,Yes how far behind with payments are you, ? Who instigated the Court Proceeding?

As long as your washing machine has not been subjected to damage by yourself,the Guarantee is irrelevant,you are covered under SOGA the sale of goods act and Bright House as the retailer is responsible for the repair,replacement,refund.

I am not up to speed on the terms and conditions of purchases through Bright House but I doubt that they have any clause that stops them repairing faulty goods if you owe them money

FS

I am the one who has started legal proceedings because this is the third item to go wrong within months of purchase.and high interest rates and of course miss sold insurance which is supposed to be optional but isn't really.but they are refuseing to fix the washing machine all they say is if we pick it up for repair it will not be returned to me because i am in arreas

WRONG.

under sofa they must repair or replace.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

WRONG.

under sofa they must repair or replace.

dx

Under the sofa, eh :lol:

Ralphy, you say in your first post ...

i am a brighthouse customer that has got into a weeks arrears

Is that "one week" or more. Why are you in arrears, did you stop paying because of the dispute ?

On what basis have you taken court action - could you let us know what your Particulars of claim has stated ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am takeing them to court because i was forced to take out optional insurance that i did not want or need and the fact that they are chargeing me 700 for a washing machine which you can easly buy else where for 369. I stopped paying because of depute

When did you enter into this agreement(s). If prior to around October of this year, then you should simply be able to reclaim the insurance. However, if after, then I think you might be stuck because they changed their agreements to incorporate all the insurances by upping their prices by about 40 - 50% ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It was in June this year hence i have a case for the courts they have already learnt that there harassment and bullying didn't work with me as in quite good at being rude myself if prevoked i just want my washing machine to work as i have 3 kids lol

silly bloke me sofa

go get that machine repaied UNDER THE SALE OF GOODS ACT wih brighthouse

matters not yo owe them.

but ofcourse you DONT

as you've paid several times over anyhow.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you've missed what ive said they don't come to the house to fix they pick it up send it off .and if they do that do you really think there going to bring it back.after what they do ,myself i think not

You have three choices, I think -

- Leave the w/m broken until the court case is resolved.

- Have it repaired independently and try to recover the cost.

- Let BH take it, and then fight for it's return in working order

All have risks and costs. Personally I would stand on my rights as customer and expect BH to arrange the repair.

I think you've missed what ive said they don't come to the house to fix they pick it up send it off .and if they do that do you really think there going to bring it back.after what they do ,myself i think not

if they want to break the LAW of the agreement

then I think they'd be rather stupid.

dx

and they

Guest Ann-Marie at BrightHouse

Good Morning Ralphy12,

I am sorry to hear that your complaint with your washer has now become very difficult. I can assure you that I will fully investigate this for you and do all I can to help you resolve this.

Please send me all your details to [email protected] or contact me directly on 0800 526069 quoting reference F0686585 so I can have a look into this for you and hopefully get you a resolve today.

Kind Regards

Ann-Marie

Web Relations Team

I find this hard to believe after everything i have witnessed and experienced from bright house out of seven goods i have brought from yourselves 3 items have packed up with in months of haveing them and not only that i have found out that i am paying double what there retail value is before your insurance policies then there's the deliverie refund that i have been chaseing for over six months and the loss of earnings for that day when you did not turn up and the payments i made while for months we had not got the goods because of repair.so i truley beleive the only way forward is through the courts and of course there's plenty of tv programes about scams lately

If you choose to call her, make sure you record the call. It's better to be safe than sorry. You are dealing with brighthouse after all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well,bright house it didn't look good at all dose it only two hours left to for fill your promises made by Ann Marie if customer relations who promised me that a new washing machine would be delivered today to replace the one which is broke at two months old.waited all day so far and ni deliverie

Well

all you people who know bright house allready wont be surprised that

after being told that they would not replace a two month old washing machine that went wrong

having put these details on here a miss Ann Marie from customer relations contacted me and

promised a new machine in replacement to be delivered today Monday 23rd of december and

as yet is still to arrive

surprise surprise.

yet another broken promise by bright house

Well all you people who know bright house allready wont be surprised that after being told that they would not replace a two month old washing machine that went wrong haveing put these details on here a miss Ann Marie from customer relations contacted me and promised a new machine in replacement to be delivered today Monday 23rd of december and as yet is still to arrive suprise surprise.yet another broken promise by bright house

What time is it due by?