style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has Anyone had dealings with homebuy? A rep came to our door out of the blue and we decided to go ahead and sign up for white goods. He said would would hear from the company within a few days, a week later we got a call saying our delivery would be on the Monday and we recieved a welcome pack through the post. The date for delivery came and the goods were never delivered and I noticed my firsts months payment had been taken out of my account. I have tried calling both numbers on website and never get an answe. Also tried calling the rep but again no answer. I have used the contact us from several times and never get a reply on there either?! Anyone know how I can resolve this? Thanks in advance

Janet

Please please do not use this company

They charge the earth for white goods and maintenece cover they force you into. For what you pay you could go elsewhere and get a whole heap of stuff.

I was with this comany for a good number of years. When i needed to make a complaint i was subgect to abuse from call handlers. In one call an employee thought she had placed me on hold when infact she hadnt and i could hear every word she said about me to others in the room. I managed to obtain the email address of the director. Her name is julie driver

She will lie to you and promise to get compaints ressolved. Shortly after speaking to her my partner received a not very nice call from a homebuy employee filled with verbal abuse. This call was made from a personal mobile phone. How nice!! They have no regard for yoyr private details just letting the staff do with them as they pleaee.

My advice to you would be run for the hills!! Save for what you need and avoid this comany at all vosts. Cancel your direct debit and see if anyone has any advice for you on here about getting out of the contract. There will only be trouble ahead for you if you decide to stick with them. Your only a short way into your contract and dont even have goods....just hassle!!

Good luck

I tried to put the email address on my reply to help this person but i dont have enough posts to do so. Is there any way i can get admin to put this up in order to help this customer get her issues ressolved please? I know this is a working email as i had replys from the director of homebuy

Thanks

Your dealings with them from now on should be in writing/email.

You can telephone them, but do confirm whatever was said in a follow up letter.

I have not heard of this company, but there are some complaints over on MSE

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=886661

If you have not received the goods and they are not prepared to provide you with a delivery/ installation date.. then I guess you could cancel the Direct Debit and under the guarantee ask your bank to claw back the monies already taken.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This company almost went bust earlier this year they do not have sock like they used to as companies will not supply them without money up front if they can not get the equipment from a store then the customer has to wait until they are able to buy from store then they double the price and pass that onto you. I would not use this company at all if you could same up a few months then I would pay the appliance that way instead of paying about 4 times more .

If you cancel your direct debit they will soon get in touch because they do not like people missing payment when they do get in touch as long as the goods have not been delivered ell them to keep it there should have been a cooling off period and the rep should have told you that good luck