S.A.R request

themagician
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Yes I would think you could, you have rights of access to your own health records. Under the DPA you are entitled to see all information relating to your physical or mental health which has been recorded by or on behalf of a 'health professional' in connection with your care. This applies not just to computerised data and structured files but to 'unstructured' data as well.

The right of access covers both NHS and private medical records, and information of any age, however long ago it was recorded. These rights existed before the 1998 DPA and are not dependent on the October 2001 commencement date.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes you certainly can do this.

Address the request to the Data Controller at the companies head office, send cheque or postal order for the statutory fee of £10.00.

They have 40 days to comply.

If there are specific records you require identify them 'as including but not limited to these documents'

Recorded/signed for post is best check delivery date.

• Haha 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 year later...

I woudl think no if in the uk

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

With medical records, they are allowed to charge more.

More info

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2635.aspx?CategoryID=68&SubCategoryID=160

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well I learned something :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Well I learned something :)

Every day is a school day is what I say!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

The distinction we use is whether or not the request can be fulfilled by pressing 'print' on the records. In which case it's £10.00 - in fairness, this seldom covers the cost of such a request once you factor in the £ for recorded signed for postage.

In the event where we're having to retrieve the paper records, find the relavent paperwork and photocopy it then we'll charge more. I'll be honest and say that if you've been with your practice for the entire time under question then a copy of the electronically held records will almost always suffice. Vary rarely indeed do you find anything in the paper records less than 10 years old and all letters received are scanned on and held within the same record as your consultations and medication details so should come as part of the 'pressing print' exercise.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.