Being chased by debt company for debt I have paid :( t mobile

rw88

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

A few weeks ago a received a letter from a debt collection agency for a t-mobile contract from 2009,

saying I owe them a whopping £700!!!!

I was completely shocked by this and wrote them a letter requesting proof that that phone was mine

and that I wanted to see the phone contract with my signature on it.

They have written back saying that because it is a phone contract they do not need a signed agreement

but will write to tmobile to see what information they have and will send it on to me when they get it.

I did have a t-mobile contract in 2009 and cancelled the contract early as the phone was stolen and I wanted to take out a new contract.

The final bill was around £180 and I paid it in full in cash at the bank.

I know everyone will tell me I am stupid for not keeping proof of this but it was 4 years ago

and I didn't realise at the time that anything like this would ever happen.

I know 100% that I paid the original bill and that is the only t-mobile contract I have ever owned

but I don't even remember the mobile phone number so can't even be sure that it's the same contract they are claiming I owe £700 on.

They have told me it's now on my credit file and that has really annoyed me,

I just don't know what to do as I have no proof that it was paid when originally due.

Since writing to them, they have sent me another letter for a contract with Three from 2008 where they want to charge me £300.

I did have a contract with Three and know what debt they are talking about, but I don't owe this money.

I cancelled the contract with Three when it had run out and there was nothing to pay at the end as the contract had finished,

I sent off my written request to cancel the contract as I was required to back then and sent it recorded delivery and had the proof that it had been received.

I had a call from Three a few days later to confirm that it had been cancelled, however they kept billing me.

I wasn't using the phone as I had taken out a new contract and

called Three several times only to be passed around to different people, and was told that I would need to send proof that I had cancelled the contract,

this went on for several months and is the reason i will NEVER take out another contract the Three.

In the end they sold the debt to a collection agency, when they contact me I sent them all the proof that I had,

the original letter to three and proof it had been received, and then the emails I had sent them showing that it had been cancelled.

The debt collection agency agreed that I didn't have to pay and I never heard from them again..

.. until now!!!

I am at a loss as to what to do, please has anyone got any advice at all?

Thank you.

Send them a prove it letter. Sounds like they are adding on spurious charges, or t-mobile have, which is why it has gone to a silly DCA.

Which DCA is this?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. A few weeks ago a received a letter from a debt collection agency for a t-mobile contract from 2009, saying I owe them a whopping £700!!!!

I was completely shocked by this and wrote them a letter requesting proof that that phone was mine and that I wanted to see the phone contract with my signature on it. They have written back saying that because it is a phone contract they do not need a signed agreement but will write to tmobile to see what information they have and will send it on to me when they get it.

I did have a t-mobile contract in 2009 and cancelled the contract early as the phone was stolen and I wanted to take out a new contract. The final bill was around £180 and I paid it in full in cash at the bank. I know everyone will tell me I am stupid for not keeping proof of this but it was 4 years ago and I didn't realise at the time that anything like this would ever happen. I know 100% that I paid the original bill and that is the only t-mobile contract I have ever owned but I don't even remember the mobile phone number so can't even be sure that it's the same contract they are claiming I owe £700 on. They have told me it's now on my credit file and that has really annoyed me, I just don't know what to do as I have no proof that it was paid when originally due.

Since writing to them, they have sent me another letter for a contract with Three from 2008 where they want to charge me £300. I did have a contract with Three and know what debt they are talking about, but I don't owe this money. I cancelled the contract with Three when it had run out and there was nothing to pay at the end as the contract had finished, I sent off my written request to cancel the contract as I was required to back then and sent it recorded delivery and had the proof that it had been received. I had a call from Three a few days later to confirm that it had been cancelled, however they kept billing me. I wasn't using the phone as I had taken out a new contract and called Three several times only to be passed around to different people, and was told that I would need to send proof that I had cancelled the contract, this went on for several months and is the reason i will NEVER take out another contract the Three. In the end they sold the debt to a collection agency, when they contact me I sent them all the proof that I had, the original letter to three and proof it had been received, and then the emails I had sent them showing that it had been cancelled. The debt collection agency agreed that I didn't have to pay and I never heard from them again.... until now!!!

I am at a loss as to what to do, please has anyone got any advice at all?

Thank you.

Ok No.1 Do Not Phone Lowell!

2. Check Credit Reference files.

3, Send the following by recorded signed for post.

For The Personal Attention of :

Ms Sara de Tute,

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date:..........:

Ref: use theirs.

Dear Ms de Tute,

I refer you to recent correspondence from Lowell regarding an alleged debt for £xxx.xxx which Lowell claim is owed by me and relates to a service agreement with xxxxx for a mobile phone account.

Please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell and dispute the debt is owed.

I am aware of an account opened xxxxxxxx which was cancelled and the final bill paid on xxxxxxxxxx.

Therefore I will not be making any payment in regard to this matter now or in the future.

Lowell have also intimated that another account is outstanding for a service contract with 3 mobile I do not acknowledge any such debt.

This alleged debt has been in the hand of xxxxxxxxx debt collection agency and it was agreed that this account was cancelled and that no debt existed.

I am fully aware of the underhand dealings of the debt collection 'industry' passing on alleged debts that have been challenged and have been found not to be valid, and I suggest that this is what has occurred in this case.

Lowell should now take a 'commercial' view of these alleged debts and close the files fortwith.

Yours etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: