Issue with garage charged to fix car but haven't!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a audi a4 3.0 V6 vehicle.

The cars head gasket had gone so I took it to a local garage who agreed to fix it and gave a quote of 792 including timing belt.

They had had it for a week and it was due for collection but they then said it would be a extra 174 as they needed valves and bolts

Anyway we picked it up yesterday and I am convinced they haven't changed the head. The coolant is almost empty and has oil in it. Oil is old not new as it should be and there is mayo on the oil cap! They have driven it 50 miles (mileage is 50 up) and it has mud splashed up it ( it was cleaned before it went) there is also cable protection missing fe engine, the car is actually worse than when it went and not drive able. They told me when I paid it was running perfect they lied .. What can I do they have charged me over 900 and I've still no car!

Edited by citizenB
restored original post

what did it say on the receipt or work sheet that they had done?

You will probably need to get a report from an Engineer ( AA or RAC ) to go over it and check whats wrong; then go back to the garage. If the wont repair or refund, then you can take them to court.

Hi

Can I also ask why you have edited out your 1st post?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Original post has been restored and thread locked. It would have been nice had you let us know how it was sorted.

If everyone was to remove their post once their issues were resolved, there would be no CAG!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Almost 6 months ago I bought a used Audi A4 3.0 V6 very tidy car,FSH etc.

At start of December 2013 the car began to use coolant and misfire.

Had the car checked by a mechanic who suspected head gasket was going.

As vehicle had 6 month warranty I contacted the dealer who agreed to fix the problem at my local garage.

Dropped car of the 12th December 13 was quoted 997 which I had to pay 200 of.

Picked car up after a werk , dealer paid bill but car was worse than when I dropped it off, head gasket hadn't been changed they had just used k seal to bodge it.

Mileage was up 50 miles.

Car went back in next day, head gasket was changed twice apparently but car still wasn't right.

Car was transferred to another garage where it had half the piston rings changed, I spoke to mechanic who said it should be fine, however it wasn't.

Car now needs a full engine re build at a cost of £2500.Dealer says its beyond economical repair. I now want a refund as dealer says he can't replace the car.

However he is saying that he has to involve a solicitor as he's not sure what legally he has to do?! He's saying the garage need to reimburse me not him but my contract is with the dealer!

Anyone know my rights here?

Sorry its long.

It was using coolant been pressure tested is head gasket, car was driven 50 miles by garage with blown head which has destroyed the engine.

Just need to know who gives me my refund and how much I'm entitled to receive I got 4 months use out of car and paid £3000