Jump to content

Letter hand posted threatening arrest for unpaid fine


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

About a year ago I was fined for not having a TV Licence. The fine was £120 and soon ended up with Marstons bailiffs. Despite the threats and calls I ignored them and didn't answer the door and it was passed back to the courts. My mistake due to a lot of issues including having to deal with a girlfriend with mental health issues, was not to contact them and sort out a repayment schedule. Now I have come home and a letter has been had posted claiming to be from HM Courts and Tribunal Service. It states there is a warrant for immediate arrest for non payment of fine. It asks me to ring a number to resolve or face arrest. It's signed by a court enforcement officer and states that he can enter my property without my permission under the domestic violence, crime and victims act 2004. What is the best course of action for me now? And why has the fine jumped up from £120 to £290. Can this e challenged as an increase of £170 seems unreasonable for a house visit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No Tv license but domestic crime and victims act. What do you mean ?

At the bottom of the letter it states the following "be aware that authorised officers of the court have the authority to enter your premises without your permission to execute warrat(s) under the domestic violence, crime & victims act 2004. Checks may also be made to ascertain your place of work or where you sign on in order to arrest you there " pretty intimidating stuff if you ask me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread moved to General Legal Issues.







We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll need to start dealing with this now. Get in touch with the court and make arrangements to pay.



Agreed, in the most importance of terms. Either pay the fine or make arrangements to pay and make those payments!!!!!



Kind regards



The Mould

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...