• Tweets

• So when you reported the accident and Copart took the car away, you must have phoned a number.   And surely you have made notes of who you spoke to, date/time of your  call etc ?   Why not phone the same number to chase up.   Your car may have been sold by now or crushed.   Dial Direct probably don't deal with the claims other than pass on details to Insurers, but they should be able to assist you in speaking to the AXA team handling your claim.    
    • Hi    What I find strange is the Buyer from the start after you explaining pervious issue with RM as you always you UPS insisted it had to be RM.   UPS could have delivered this item next day so why was the Buyer so adamant it had to be RM something just doesn't add up from the Buyer as this person the item was for was going to India the next day and needed the item.   How did the Buyer inform you this item had not been delivered and have you given that evidence to RM?   How did the Buyer pay you for this item? Credit/Debit Card, Bank Transfer, Paypal etc.   Have you researched the property address as its flats to see who owns then whether is leasehold/ private/ council/ housing association? (the reason I ask this if Council or Housing Association due to this being flats most have CCTV around and inside but also door entry which will be logged)   As this is Flats and only if it does have door entry to access the building you could ask RM how there delivery courier was able to access that building. (there will either be a service button which they can press to get access or they have been given a key fob for that entry system to access the building or the entry door has been left open)   You could also ask RM to Clarify that the GPS Location they state that the item was delivered whether this is the RM Delivery Vehicle GPS Location at the property or the exact GPS Location of the exact Delivery Address.? (something tells me it will be the vehicles GPS data)            
    • HI   Thanks for the update.   That is shocking that the Ombudsman has said that the case worker assigned to you will call within 5 working days.   I think you need to point out to then very clearly without them thinking you are being aggressive/angry this is important as you want them on your side the Breaches I mentioned in post#78 especially that A2 have Breached the Ombudsman's letter/contact to either resolve this matter or issue the Deadlock letter and A2 have failed to do this even with you giving them extra time.   Note: if A2 have still have still not dealt with this as per the Ombudsman contact above you make sure when they do contact you that you point this out as per there phone call A2 have had all this extra time (as this adds to the extra time you have given them and makes A2 look bad to the Ombudsman's request)   Make sure and ask them for a copy of that letter they sent to A2 to resolve or issue Deadlock Letter for your records.   As for your evidence try to make sure you can scan all this into PDF Format (if possible) and make it one multiple PDF with all your evidence in it in date format. whether its written (with your proof of posting), email, etc. as this will make is easier for the Ombudsman rather than numerous documents.   You look after yourself and you know where we are if you need any further help just let us know    
    • Hi persha50   Thanks for that update and clarification that the claim is via TDS.   Lets use know how it goes with the TDS claim of deposit return
    • Hi Stu,   I contacted the ombudsman today. My case worker is to call within 5 working days. Will update once this has happened.   Thanks again
  • Our picks

Home visits

Going forward

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister is recovering from being hospitalised for 4 weeks in the cardiac unit. She cannot walk very far and has to use a zimmer frame to get to the bathroom.

I have applied for PIP on her behalf and have filled out the ATOS form. She cannot travel on public transport so do ATOS do home visits. What normally happens if you cannot get to them as you cannot afford cab fare?

Hello there.

When did you send the ESA50 please? If it was recently, it could be a while before Atos want to see here, but it depends where she lives.

Some of the guys here know quite a lot about home visits, I believe she would need her GP to support her with the request. I expect people will be along later.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 1 month later...

Yes, she can ask for a home visit.

She should not be be asked to do anything which will/ might damage her health.

Hence, do not do allow your sister to do this visit at home on her own. Make sure someone is there as a witness and to answer the door etc, (don't allow her to get up and do that or make tea etc). She sits down entirely during the home visit as she should not walk about during the home visit. This evidences her limitations etc. She can be in her bed if she wants if that is necessary due to her medical condition.

If she is asked for copies of prescriptions or bottles of medicine she takes, the witness should go and get them. Do the same for anything like that.

You can also ask for the meeting to be recorded. ATOS contract allows for all assessments to be recorded although they might find it difficult to comply with in her home. But that is their tough luck.

Remember and get her to focus on what her worst days are like, not the individual one of day she might have when she feels slightly better. Answers should be framed in that way, linked back to the stated application form.

She can be prompted by the witness to assist answers when required. She does not need to answer on her own, as she might get upset etc.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

On the recording issue, yes ATOS can record home visits, however this is for ESA claims only. There is no facility for recording PIP assessments.

You should also be aware that it is currently taking 6 months plus for a decision on most PIP claims.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.