HB and CT stopped

stuggling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I became a full time student in September, but before then we were entitled to 400pcm towards our rent, this is dud to my partners wage being low and 4 children 2of whom we get DLA for, they then stopped the benefit, put it. In partners name and still said no as they took my student loan and full grant into account, can they use a loan as income? Because we had arrears on council tax, which were being payed off, they now closed the account and opened new one meaning a total of £250 PCM in council tax to be paid, I've told them we struggling with that and just got well there no help as it must be paid of by new financial year or it causes a lot of hassle,

I became a full time student in September, but before then we were entitled to 400pcm towards our rent, this is dud to my partners wage being low and 4 children 2of whom we get DLA for, they then stopped the benefit, put it. In partners name and still said no as they took my student loan and full grant into account, can they use a loan as income? Because we had arrears on council tax, which were being payed off, they now closed the account and opened new one meaning a total of £250 PCM in council tax to be paid, I've told them we struggling with that and just got well there no help as it must be paid of by new financial year or it causes a lot of hassle,

Suggest you make an appointment with your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) for a benefits check-up. They will be able to advise about the situation with student loan.

They will also be able to advise on the different types of debt and which ones are priority (such as Council Tax).

Only got £3 per week towards ct, then when stated uni, It changed and now have 649 arrears and rest for current year. We pay rent, ct, gas,elec and water before anything else but then we are left with not much to pay for food, or extra heating.

Also two ct bills one in my name for previous year, then rest. Of this year. In partner name

Yes I am afraid student finance is taken into account as income for housing benefit purposes. However as a full time student you are exempt from council tax so if your partner is the only adult in the house aside from you, you should get a single person discount on your current council tax bill.

I would go to your local CAB and they will help you work out affordable repayments on amounts owed.

You will need to obtain a form/certificate from your educational establishment that states you are a full time student. It's a specific one they hand out to give to your local authority so they can excempt you from council tax, until your LA have it they won't give you the discount. When I was at Uni there was a queue at the office with the whole course load of students wanting their forms! So do pick up your form and then give it to your LA.

• 1 month later...

DLA is not counted for income purpose even for CT you should get this looked into asap DLA is for a disability issue and to assist with care and mobility only

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.