No Fee Repayments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Halifax that has an overdraft costing £1 per day. I didn't pay my monthly fees for a few months or so and kept incurring charges upon charges sometimes £100 per time

I wrote to them explaining I am more than happy to repay the OD I've used but will not pay any of the charges and interested and would like to set up a fee free repayment plan

They finally replied refunding all charges, next months pending charges and a payment via cheque for any hassle caused

Now I need to speak with the collections department and try to arrange a fee free plan but have been informed this is unlikely to happen

If this is the case then I'm never going to make any progress on clearing my debts as I can't afford both the daily £1 charge as well as a repayment because currently even if I paid £50 into that account every month ONLY £20 of this would come off my balance with the other £30 being swallowed up

How can I make them accept my fee free repayment offer?

Basically you can't make them agree to your plan, the £1 daily charge is said to be for what an unauthorised overdraft?

You can only appeal to the to freeze interest and charges due to your financial situation you may have to supply an I&E statement but there is no guarantee the bank will agree.

The OFT Guidance on Debt Collection states the creditors should be mindful of a debtors problems.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: