Eviction set for 30/1/14 - I don't have the money

marisag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in similar situation...when you say arrears are you talking about the whole total of arrears or the arrears on your monthly agreed sum?

We have eviction date of 30th Jan 2014 because I have fallen just £250 behind on our agreed monthly payment (mortage payment plus sum towards our arrears)

I am worried because, whilst I will be able to pay the £250 very shortly I won't be able to pay the total mortgage arrears (approx 16K)

I have been able to fulfill the terms of our suspended possession order since Feb but fell behind this month

Seeing solicitors this afternoon but grateful for any input

Thanks HB - wasn't quite sure where to start as first timer on here!

To elaborate, the lender is Santander and the solicitors are the friendly team at Eversheds (I have noted some of the comments on here)

The house is worth 750,000 and the outstanding mortgage is approx 230,000 so you can see straightaway that Santander would recoup all their money no problem and I'm wondering if this is working against me...they can have no worries over not getting all their money back which makes it all too easy to go down the repossession route. Or am I just being paranaid?>

Hi marisag,

I'm sure you will hear from the Repossession experts here later in the day. They are amazing!

In the meantime you might like to read Ell-enn's guide.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession

DD

Marisag, are you paying to see solicitors this afternoon ? they won't be able to do any more than you can do yourself with guidance from this forum. You need to apply to the court for a hearing to have the eviction stopped - you make the application on an N244 form and we can help you with that - the court fee is £45 and that is all you will have to pay. If you can assure the judge that you are able to make payments going forward you won't lose your home. Have a read around this forum and you will see that people keep their homes even when they have missed payments under a suspended order.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well I saw that form N244 was the way to go and have already downloaded it but wanted to get professional advice too. His letter (to Eversheds) was £70 and as you said Court Fee £45 and I can be sure everything is completed properly and won't be dismissed on technicality.

So has the solicitor completed the N244 for you?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes and was also writing to Eversheds today. Also just received a SMS asking to contact Eversheds to see "if their client can assist". Is that standard practice i.e. going through the motions? Surely that comes before seeking an eviction date?

Yes and was also writing to Eversheds today. Also just received a SMS asking to contact Eversheds to see "if their client can assist". Is that standard practice i.e. going through the motions? Surely that comes before seeking an eviction date?

Don't phone Eversheds, they simply want you to call so they can try and badger you into paying a lump sum immediately. They are not interested in "assisting" you at all, their duty is to their client not you.

Well...since I am completely totally comprehensively skint Eversheds can badger me for a lump sum all they like lol

Isn't it all a bit a**e about face to apply for an eviction date and then ask if they can assist (rhetorical)?

This is all because last month I paid 1750 instead of 2K!!!

How long is left on the mortgage?

They will be adding arrears charges onto the mortgage monthly, any idea how much that is? You should claim those back.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers