sticky suggestion.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Should we have a sticky, in capital letters,saying that ignoring is not the advice in most circumstances?

This may help a little with the 'real' newbies , and the fake ones...

Read the newbies sticky on mse.

People still don't read them though time after time

I'm a cynic by nature. It works for me most of the time.

I would just like it to be stated at the top of the page, that it is not best to ignore.

Then, any poster claiming that the advice that they have read is to ignore, is not reading the forum that they have searched for...

or they are a stooge of the ppcs....

The advice ignore, works on an individual basis. Thats why there isnt one answer to cover everything. People make a post and then we advise on the best course of action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The advice ignore, works on an individual basis. Thats why there isnt one answer to cover everything. People make a post and then we advise on the best course of action.

It may be me, but when a poster states that they think ignore is the best option, then I think stooge! Why would they ask for advice but say they think ignore is best. I can only go on my own experience and that is by getting an initial 'invoice' then thinking,rightly, that something isn't right... An hour of reading this and related forums exposes the PPC industry for what it is... which I can't say on here.

It would be beneficial I think to have a sticky that sums up what they are doing. Then I/you/we could just link to that first.

Obviously there are individual cases that do need specific help.

My real point is just exposing the PPC stooges that I feel can be identified and just giving them the link...

Hi

There are some PPC's out there that do not do court (with or without the landowners permission). Only by experience can people offer the advice to ignore or appeal. Compamies like PE are ones that we now say, 'Do not ignore' but a lot of the others just keep sending the 'oh-so-threatening' letters until they vanish up their own backsides.

As for 'stooges', I have to disagree. There will always be the odd stooge but they are soon detected and 'encouraged' to go elsewhere.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think that although it may be safe to ignore in some circumstances - I don't think that responding with a robust letter ever causes a problem.

I think that the correct advice should be - never ignore. Respond with a single robust letter - and then wait for the court papers.

As for 'stooges', I have to disagree. There will always be the odd stooge but they are soon detected and 'encouraged' to go elsewhere.

I believe there are more than you think...

This year I have ignored two and responded to one, none of them have progressed past the 3rd letter stage.

You make your choice and take your chance.

Very true

But as an advice forum we should put the reader in the safest position that doesnt leave them at risk, if they choose to not take advice then thats their issue.

Give them the facts etc etc,