BMW Possible Warranty Issues

Goosey2001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all, my first post, so i hope i am posting in the correct forum.....

A little bit of background on my possible, upcoming issues.

I have had problems with the interior of my car rattling, buzzing and generally not being fit for purpose to be honest.

I have been back to BMW on several occasions and they have spent a lot of time fixing rattle after rattle and buzz after buzz.

Judging by the list reeled off the last time i picked it up,

they virtually took the whole inside of the car apart and put t all back together last time they had a go at it. I

dropped it off yet again today, with yet more rattles and buzzing.

The warranty runs out in january..

... can anyone advise me on where i stand with issues / ongoing issues that are not resolved during the warranty period and continue to be a problem thereafter?

thanks in advance.

Matt

the sale of goods act

warranties are in addition to SOGA and do not replace your statutory rights.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The OP needs to state some more details such as age, mileage, price paid and in this case whether or not it was a BMW dealer. SOGA is not a clear cut law in relation to cars be they used or new. Squeaks and rattles is a very subjective issue whereas SOGA is concerned.

It tends to deal with definitive faults such as a failure for which squeaks and rattles would not apply.

I'd be a bit careful in taking the current advice suggested by DX as the way to go on what you have posted so far.

If the car is a used one then the law is very vauge. There is no predetermined standard as to what is an acceptable used car or not.

if its bmw direct i'd expect more than 12mts warranty if it were a new car in today climate of 7yrs warranty.

we need to know...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You do need to state the age and type of car and price paid as this is all relevant should you need to take action. BMW give a warranty for the first 12 months then it goes to an extended warranty. The way you describe the problems suggest you bought the car within that period but as per BMW policy had the extended warranty for 3 years as well. This extended warranty is a mechanical failure policy.

Nothing is clear cut here as squeaks and rattles is a very subjective issue with no clearly defined benchmark and unless you can prove an actual failure of a part then the terms of the warranty are not applicable.

It's a subjective issue and it's inevitable that during use rattles will develop. Unless you have parts falling off I cannot see that you have anywhere to go with this one.

330d coupe, 2011 60 plate. 30k. These rattles are worse than any other car i have owned and i have never owned a car younger than 4 years old...... perhaps the fact that i spent so much on it i am sensitive to anything, but i would expect a premium motor to be good for at least 5 to 8 years before it starts to rattle and buzz at me each trip......

So now we have the details which gives an indication as to how to proceed.

Initially you should write to the service manager, dealer principle and BMW GB customer services detailing the issues and requesting a visit from a regional technical manager from BMW GB based in Bracknell. You should be prepared to visit when the RTM does and be in a position to demonstrate the issues when he does but be reasonable about it. Forget going great distances, you need to be able to demonstrate the issues locally in all fairness. If the RTM agrees with you then usually you will find that they supply a replacement car until the issues are sorted out to the RTM's satisfaction........well that's how it used to be!

To add insult to injury just tell them you are thinking of buying the new Jaguar 3 series sized car due out next year as they are somewhat worried about I hear.

To add insult to injury just tell them you are thinking of buying the new Jaguar 3 series sized car due out next year as they are somewhat worried about I hear.

BMW worried about Jaguar 3 ?

But monsieur, you are really spoiling us