Parking eye

Jach

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has received a letter from Parking Eye, 'Letter before County Court Claim' I have read, many times on this forum to ignore 'fines' imposed by private parking companies and this is the advice I gave to my daughter :!: She is not too happy with me now she has received the above mentioned letter! Any advice please on how she should proceed from here? It was a pub car park, the 'fine' was given in October this year. Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.

I have the same letter dated 9th October still waiting for court paperwork as want my day and fun

Too late for any appeal

Parking eye have had a bashing in court lately

You can still beat them if it goes to court

And claim costs against them!!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have the same letter dated 9th October still waiting for court paperwork as want my day and fun

Too late for any appeal

Parking eye have had a bashing in court lately

You can still beat them if it goes to court

And claim costs against them!!

Thanks for your reply. How does she 'beat' them???

Ignoring is not the correct approach. They should always be written to at least once so that they understand that you are on top of it and that you will give them a fight if they want it.

Write to them now - even if it is a bit late.

Follow this link - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?412623-SIP-sent-me-county-court-papers-help!-deadline-approaching&p=4421937&viewfull=1#post4421937

Oh dear I feel terrible that I have given the wrong advice :( Last time I read this forum re private parking companied all advice stated ignore, ignore, ignore. What has changed. I shall pass on this latest advice I have read and hopefully she can sort this out. Does this mean they will be taking her to court?

My daughter has received a letter from Parking Eye, 'Letter before County Court Claim' I have read, many times on this forum to ignore 'fines' imposed by private parking companies and this is the advice I gave to my daughter :!: She is not too happy with me now she has received the above mentioned letter! Any advice please on how she should proceed from here? It was a pub car park, the 'fine' was given in October this year. Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.

What pub was it? Was she a patron?

Not too late to fire off a rebuttal of their claim if you have the details. This letter is a pre-action protocol and wouldnt automatically mean they will follow it up if they think they are going to be resisted.

Was she a patron of the pub or otherwise invited to be on the premises? If so, that would override the contract that could be formed between your daughter and PE so give us the details and timings and suitable points to progress with will be given.

An interesting point here is who is the "occupier"? the brewery chain who own the premises or the licensee? answer they both are so the pub landlord may form contracts that fly in the face of PE's deal with the brewery and as long as you have that from the publican PE's case is shot down. If the landlord is a manager they wont want to make trouble for themselves so dont put them in an awkward position if that is the case here.

Also, when exactly was the event and what dates did the letters arrive? timing is important as PE may have jumped the gun with their pre action letter.