Jump to content


i am unsure of my motor incident details

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2066 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I have been involved in a couple of motoring incidents where I have not been at fault and one where I have. I also have one speeding ticket. I am unsure of the dates and details of these incidents and would like to know if there is a way of finding out the official details that the insurance companies use to see if I have declared everything. As I renew my motor insurance I am unsure of specific dates etc and am worried that if I was ever to claim then I would find that my cover in invalid.

In a nut shell… where can I find out all my motor incident and conviction details.

Hope you can help


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



The speeding offence is the easy one, it will be on your paper part of your driving licence.


As to the incidents/accidents with the Insurance Companies, be best to ring them and ask for the incident/accident dates, outcome and copies of any final reports etc.


If not, then you will have to send each Insurance Company (that you had insurance cover with when you had these incidents/accidents) an SAR request.

Enclose a Cheque or Postal Order for £10 for each Insurance Company.


SAR template letters if needed are in the Library section.



NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!


If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be able to obtain it from CUE. See the Data Protection page on this link.



We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

For speeding offences i.e. those coded with a prefix SP then under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, if the conviction date is over 5 years then it is considered spent and you do not need to disclose it. For accidents/incidents whether a claim made or not and irrespective of blame, you must disclose all incidents within 5 years prior to the date of application.



If in any doubt though you should disclose any information which may be relevant to the risk. The insurer will decide whether the information is material to the risk or not.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...